“Interesting variety of excellent food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 355 Restaurants in Everett
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Asian fusion
OFallon
“Interesting variety of excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stopped in here with a group of friends recently & was pleasantly surprised at the menu. I don't eat meat so my choices were limited but luckily I DO eat fish. I ordered the starter plate of 3 fish tacos - absolutely delicious. The fish was lightly battered, the 3 small tacos had wonderful coleslaw on top & the aioli had a light chili flavor that added much to the flavor. Order on the side - you need very little of this sauce because of the wonderful flavors in the tacos.
My companions ordered a variety of meals. Some wierd Hawaiian dish with a burger patty, shredded pork, rice, dark gravy looked like something served in the 50s at a diner but my friend loved it. Enough food for 3 on THAT plate.
So there's going to be something here for everyone. Do give it a try.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Zurich
“Fantastic, get off I5 and go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had lunch there: Ahi Volcano Salad and Blackened Mahi Mahi with Sweet potato fries. Both were superb. Far better than Roy's or any high end place I've been in Hawaii.

Since we are still in Everett, we'll likely go back for dinner, it was that good!

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Amazing food - great prices - super nice staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We came across Kama-aina Grindz completely by accident! My husband and I arrived into Everett at dinner time, parked the car and wandered up and down the street looking for a restaurant that grabbed our interest. As we went passed the Grindz we noticed a busy and comfortable looking atmosphere with an enticing menu! Best choice we could have made!

I had the Ahi Poke - beautiful presentation and delicious layers of flavours! My husband had the fish tacos - another winner!

The staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming - from the Aloha greeting as we came in to the knowledgeable service staff!

The only regret - I wish we lived closer so that I could try everything available on the menu!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Not just a plate lunch!!! Lots of flavored and food like Hawaii but up scaled for a better healthier lunch! Highly recommend it but get there early it gets packed.

Stanwood, Washington
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We came with another couple who had researched the restaurant and we are very glad we did! The décor and atmosphere were nothing special so I was a little hesitant but once we got the food, I knew we would be back.

We started with the Crispy Smoked Gouda Cheese and it was amazing! I want to go back just for this! We also ordered the drumettes. I am not usually a big drumettes fan but I would eat these all day long. I then had the Kim Chee Pan Fried Noodles which were great. My husband had the Bibimbap which I tasted and thought was excellent. The couple we were with had the fish tacos and the Ahi and they raved about both. The service was really friendly and we were served promptly yet never felt rushed. There was so much food and it was so good we took the left overs home and had them for lunch the next day. Delish!

The only negative was they were out of the wine I ordered which was not a big deal. My second choice was fine.

This was a fantastic meal and we will absolutely be back.

• Visited July 2014