“Just Average” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Stanwood, Washington
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I visited after learning the restaurant had been featured on Diners and Drive-ins (I think it might have been the Olympia location that was actually featured). We went for lunch. It was really cold in the restaurant which made for an uncomfortable dining experience. Service was prompt and we received our food quickly which was nice since we had just run in for lunch. I had the fish tacos and my husband had the fish and chips. The salsa used in the tacos was really tasty (mango?). That's about the only thing that was. The salad that came with it was literally just a bunch of mixed greens and a super super thin slice of tomato laid on top. I had ordered the balsamic dressing and it was so bland I had to salt my "salad" like crazy to get any flavor at all. There was not much fish in the tacos and there was not enough of the salsa to take away the dryness of the corn tortillas. I was famished so I did finish everything on my plate but only because I was starved. My husband received two smallish pieces of cod that he said were "just alright." The fries were stale, dry and cold. With two sodas our meal came to $38. Maybe this place was featured on the show because of the beer? I certainly wouldn't bother to go back.

• Visited March 2013

Camano Island, Washington
“Worst fish & chips ever!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Greasy thick crust. Coleslaw totally tasteless. Chips might have been good but were COLD!! My friend had the chicken shwarma & said it was good. Looks like a very good selection of beers . Very noisy & as others commented, had to look for service. Wish I had looked @ the reviews before we went.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Olympic Peninsula
“Skip It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have eaten in the Olympia Fish Tale Brew Pub and found it very good. We stopped to eat at the Everett location and found it wanting. They had a seafood stew which sounded tasty. Not
It was thick and had some kind of brown fish in it. Wasn't warm and had kind of a sour taste.
The oysters had a heavy batter on them and not much taste. We would never go back.
They may have some good items on their menu but we didn't find them.

• Visited February 2013
Everett, WA
“Beer: GOOD! Food: BAD!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a coupon for this restaurant, so gave it a try. Believe me, we will not be back (at least, not to eat). The waitress ignored us for about 7 minutes, we had to go in search of help before she came over. The beers on tap were very good - no complaints there. But, when the food arrived, it tasted burnt and dry. Neither of us finished our meals - or even half of it! I really have no idea why people would go there to eat... must be the beers are the draw.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Not what I was expecting!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was excited to eat here, after looking at their web site; however, I was mostly disappointed. (I will say up front that the Organic Amber Ale was FANTASTIC.) The food was anywhere from nasty to average. Husband and I split the Mediterranean plate. It was just okay. Our friend's mushroom burger was very greasy, but did have a good flavor. Our other friend seemed to enjoy the fish tacos, but couldn't eat the seafood chowder. Our spice cake for dessert was dry and uneatable. The server was very kind to remove the spice cake from our tab. We will not choose to eat here again.

• Visited July 2012