“Quality with some flaws” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1431 112th Street S.E., Everett, WA 98208 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Seattle - Everett - Silver Lake)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Everett
“Quality with some flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel is nice and clean but there were a few big flaws I didn't like. First is the entry to the hotel. There is only one narrow drive in & out. It has a steep initial entry that caused my Volvo S80 Sedan to bottom out and gave me a scare but luckily all was good. Beyond that, the entry leads out to 112th street just a block off of I-5 and the traffic is usually heavy enough to make getting in or out very difficult. Could have to wait for 5 to 10 minutes on occasion hoping to find the rare polite person to give you space. Unfortunately most people in this area seem to be outrageously rude and none will let you in. To make that worse, I was preparing to enter and thus I was in a position to allow another person to exit before I made my turn and entry and yet that wasn't good enough for the people here. The car behind me could not wait 20 seconds and instead decided to race around through the center turn lane almost causing an accident with the vehicle that was exiting. If you are prepared to put your vehicle and your points on your license at risk then it would be ok to stay at this hotel. Also, if staying at this or any Extended Stay America hotel, check the online offers before checking in. I went in and asked for the rate and they quoted me $69 plus tax. I said it was only 39 on the website. She said that was only for online and asked if I wanted to check-in. She seemed shocked when I said I will be back in a few minutes. I went outside, got online on my iPhone, registered at the better price and returned with my confirmation number within 3 minutes. At that time another person was finishing paying for their room at a total of over $73 when I received the exact same room for only $43. A $30 difference! I didn't have the heart to tell the lady she just threw away $30. Moral is - always check online before assuming you will get the same or better rate at the counter. And having an Internet ready smart phone is even better - you can do it right in their lobby or parking lot (even if they aren't happy about it!).

Room Tip: Since it has an elevator I always recommend the second or higher floors. It adds security and you ca...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Seattle - Everett. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I know this is an extended stay hotel, but it is excellent for short stays as well. Good value, clean rooms, and everything you need for a no-nonsense stay. Would return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
eugene, oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Not fancy, not new, totally adequate. Comfortable. Stayed because it was close to a conference. Would stay again. Has kitchenette so can save on food.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Manzanita, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This room accomplished what we wanted.... a place to sleep and change our clothes. I question how clean it was as I wiped down the table right after we got there because I spilt a little water from my glass..... the table was dirty. That made me question everything else in the room. The service was good. The room was "ready". The water was hot. It was quiet and the TV worked. The basics with no frills at a decent price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Vero Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We relocated to this area due to my husbands job and the company put us up here for temporary housing. After 2 weeks I have be come so disgusted with this place I decided to write a review. My main complaint is the housekeeping service, which is optional and you have to pay for daily (an additional $5/day). The easiest way to put it is that they don't do anything but replace the towels. There are 2 housekeepers only, one does her job the other grunts and complains and makes you feel uncomfortable. Beds are left unmade (even though the daily refresh service that you pay for states, beds made with existing linens, towels replaced, trash emptied, etc) and on the "7 day complete service" they did not change the linens as promised. Today, after a long day out, we returned to find the beds just as we left them. My husband goes to the front desk to complain about the lack of housekeeping (that we PAID for) and was told "oh there isn't anything we can do about it." What?

Room Tip: We stayed in a queen orignally and upgraded to a king. King room much larger for an extra $5.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nacogdoches, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

When I first checked in, the room that I was assigned was very clean but had a very heavy perfume smell. The next 2 mornings I was awakened by the people in the room above me stomping and moving around loudly ( I'm not a light sleeper)- A call to the front desk did get the situation quietened down. I did ask to be moved to another room. That night- or should I say next morning at 3:52 am I was again awakened by the people in the room above me checking in. I called down to the front desk and was told that I needed to be patient as they were just moving into the room. Twenty minutes later, I called down again and was told that it woudl be a little longer before they got quite as they were taking a shower and going to eat first. All I was asking is that they be quite and not stomp. I then went upstairs and BANGED on their door and went down to the front desk in person and demanded that either they or I be moved. I was informed that she couldn't move people around only the manager coudl do that, but since I banged on their door they were requesting to be moved. She moved them and I was then able to go back to sleep about 1 1/2 hrs later.
No hair dryer in room, but available at front desk. Expect to have to walk down to get it yourself.
I do not recommend anyone stay at this facility if looking to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

ESA Everett is located right off I5 in Everett. I have stayed at other ESAs and have found them to be a good alternative. My only complaint(s): the rooms faced a 24/7 Shell convenience store and a busy street (Broadway). The bed was extra firm, but no padding... tough on old bones. It's about a 20 minute commute to Everett Naval Station, it's near Everett Mall, and about a 10 minute drive to a Fred Myers, a Walmart-style mega-store. If I have to go back, I'll request a room facing the back.
The staff was very friendly; my thanks to Melissa the Manager for working with me on the details of my stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Everett - Silverlake? Share your experiences!