“What's That Smell” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Everett
San Diego, California
“What's That Smell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I didn't really plan my trip to Washington with much thought. After I took care of business elsewhere in Washington, I decided to stay in Everett once again because hotels and motels in Bellingham were full, and places in Seattle were likely to be more expensive. After a really good experience at another hotel in Bellingham the previous night, I paid more and got less.

Trying to economize, I tried the local Motel6, but they were completely full unless I wanted a room that was previously a smoking room. I happened upon this motel, and stayed there because I was desperate and leaving the following day.

The front desk staff were helpful and friendly enough, but I was told I could not get a AAA discount because I already was getting a "special" rate. (I paid slightly less the night before for a much better room at another motel in Bellingham.)

The room itself could have been much better. From the moment I walked in (and each time thereafter), there was a funky smell that was a cross between bleach and Ajax. The bed was comfortable enough, but the two curtains were of different lengths. The paint on the inside of the front door was flaking off, and there were numerous "repairs" to the drywall in the walls and ceilings. To get hot water you had to turn the pressure all the way up so you got pelted in the face with the shower whether you want to or not.

I realize some of these things may be nit-picky, but considering that the night before I stayed in a much better motel in Everett for a little less, all these things were annoying. (They also asked for a $100 deposit, which I am not sure why.)

Room Tip: Check the rooms out first. You might think better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Monmouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Just stayed at the Days Inn in Everette, Washington and it was very unpleasant, an extra security deposit at check in, couldn't take breakfast to my sleeping son in room, wouldn't let me check out until I was totally out of the room so they could check that I had broken or stollen something. Rude person at desk who wouldn't listen to my experience, etc.,etc.
I won't be using your hotel again!
John Meade LCSW

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Everett
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Everett (Days Inn ) -- no ironing, breakfast is less than some other Choice hotels-- not that appetizing enough. Room decor--need to be more attractive
Federal Way (Econolodge) -- breakfast must definitely be improved-- some light bulbs out - must make thorough checkup - periodically.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

FIrst thing the pictures of the room on the website are not accurate. The pictures portray a Jacuzzi suite, the regular rooms look nothing like the photos. 2nd they wanted a $100 Deposit. Seriously for this crappy hotel? You get it back but still. The TV was from the Mid 90's and not all of the Cable TV Channels came in. No insulation so noise from other guests were a problem. I had a Non Smoking room but smelled smoked in. The furnishings were from the 80's and not very up to date. I did not fee safe and secure in this room at all. It is in a very icky part of Everett. I would NOT recommend this Hotel/Motel at all! If everything else is full and this is the only option then ok stay there but only for one night until a better room opens up.

Room Tip: Do not stay here EVER only as a last resort
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Seattle Everett? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Seattle Everett

Address: 1602 S.E. Everett Mall Way, Everett, WA 98208
Location: United States > Washington > Everett
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Everett
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Seattle Everett 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Days Inn Seattle Everett reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Everett Days Inn
Days Inn Everett

If you own or manage Days Inn Seattle Everett, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.