“Can't Go Wrong with Holiday Inn Express” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Yakima Valley, WA
“Can't Go Wrong with Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We needed a room when we brought our daughter for her college orientation. We enjoy staying at Holiday Inn Express because they are usually clean, reasonably priced, and we like their triple-sheeting they do on the beds. This hotel was no exception. Everything was just right, right down to fresh baked cookies and a newspaper under the door in the morning. We had an early breakfast at the college and my husband kind of whimpered as we passed the breakfast room since he loves the breakfast at the hotel (and it is a really nice room they have there), but he survived! Good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Matt A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I bet he missed our hot fresh cinnamon rolls - Its a temptation every day for me as well. On your next visit to Central Washington University - skip their breakfast and have ours *wink*. See you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a quick one night stay en route across the state, so experience is a little limited. Room layout was good, beds comfortable, and amenities were what we expected. Hotel is clean, and the free breakfast had choices for any appetite. Roomy parking lot (and there's special parking for Tesla owners, so if you are one of those, you're all set) and friendly staff. Quiet location, set back from the main road through town, yet near I-90.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks -The TESLA chargers provide a nice option for our guests with TESLA cars. I'm glad you like the room layout as well. We're schedule for a renovation in the upcoming year, which will be exciting as we continue to modernize and keep our rooms fresh and new.
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

It was a busy weekend, so the only rooms left were very expensive. But the room was large with comfortable chairs and a good bed. The breakfast attendant was awesome - she kept everything filled and fresh. The breakfast room was nicely decorated and had plenty of room. And, there is a Starbucks and a Taco del Mar and a Circle K right next door. There was some freeway noise in the room - it was on the side of the hotel that faced the freeway, but it wasn't excessive.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Matt A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the nice review, my guess is that you were here for Central Washington Graduation, or perhaps one of the many concerts at the Gorge. I'm glad you enjoyed the accommodations, and the convenience of the surrounding stores.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Including tax, we paid $192.49 to stay one night at this typical, somewhat dated Holiday Inn Express. That was $35-$50 too much.

We had to wait a long time to check in because the friendly young man at the desk on the evening of Friday, June 6, spent way too long registering one customer in Holiday Inn's reward program and discussing hiking opportunities in the area with another guest.

Breakfast in the morning was the usual presided over by a crusty older woman who did a great job keeping things shipshape and picking out with whom she would and would not be friendly. She seemed to be partial to older folks with Korean war stories.

I slept well, and the young man on the desk on the morning of June 7 was professional.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Last weekend was a particular busy weekend for us with Ellensburg High School graduation and a busy concert weekend at the Gorge Amphitheater. Just the same, I wish we had got you checked in a bit faster in the evening.

At breakfast we try and touch base with as many people as we can, I know when I do it I can get caught up in different stories from our guests, I do apologize if our attendant at the time was less than attentive.
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

It has been a real long time since I stayed in a holiday inn property. My company put me up here for the week and wow I was like this is Holiday inn? It was much nicer than many hiltons I have stayed in! The rooms were good size and beds were awesome! Very clean and new and the breakfast was big and lot of options! the people at front desk were professional and very CS friendly. I dare say the nicest place in Eburg and as I said better than many fancy chains I have stayed in with big names! I was impressed and you would be too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
So glad we knocked your socks off! We work hard to satisfy our corporate guests and it's always nice to hear when it is paying off. We hope to be seeing more of you and your company!
Sutherlin, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Everything you would expect for a hotel in this price range.Nice lobby,good facilities,very comfortable rooms a good hot breakfast.
The thing we noticed was the people.The staff was wonderful.Very accomodating,friendly and most happy to make us feel at home.
The housekeeping staff went out of their way to work around our schedule with our dog
Although ,everyone was great,we have to single out Johanna and Konstantine at the front desk and Peg in the breakfast area.
We would recommend this hotel to anybody.
Fred and Rita Prout

Room Tip: We had a nice room overlooking a brook.We watched a pair of magpies building a nest,Nice extra touch...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
EllensburgExpress-GM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. Konstantine, Peg, and Johanna are some of Ellensburg's finest! With out them at the hotel, we're just not the same. We hope to see you on your next trip through Ellensburg!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights for work. The rooms were clean and nothing was amiss. It is true it is on the strip in Ellensburg where all the hotels and chain restaurants are, but that's ok. Downtown is only a 2 minute drive. I was motivated to write this review because the hotel advertised that they did have HBO, which I was looking forward to (Game of Thrones), but when I got into my room, the TV wasn't working properly and I couldn't get that channel. Konstantin at the front desk was terrific; he came to my room and reset the TV, which took a few minutes of his time. He also corrected a small billing error really quickly the next day. Johanna at the front desk also helped with my complicated direct bill/rewards card issue. It is a basic hotel but the employees really went out of their way to meet my needs.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back overlook a little creek and a farm field, so the view is somewhat pastoral, ra...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
EllensburgExpress-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I love Game of Thrones too! I'm glad you didn't miss that episode. I'm glad our location to downtown worked out for you. The nice thing about Ellensburg is that everything is so close. You can get to Central Washington University just as quick as any of our great antique shops!

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!