“Very nice hotel with just a few glitches” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Ellensburg
Oregon
“Very nice hotel with just a few glitches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I chose this property over the Hampton Inn because it is a non-smoking property, although the rates were very similar.

The hotel itself is very nice and the staff member that checked me in was extremely friendly and attentive. My room was a nice size with nice furnature. I was in the back of the hotel and the window looked out onto a small, tree lined creek and an open field behind that. While it is not the most stunning view it certainly beats looking into a parking lot.

My only issue with the room was the shower head. It seemed to have just two settings: garden hose or gentle mist. The shower head is set very high on the wall and a person any shorter than average will have a hard time reaching it.

The breakfast area was nice with a good assortment of items offered for breakfast. My only complaint here was the scrambled eggs. Dicey for sure at most hotels these sat if a pool of water. I made the switch to hard boiled.

Overall I had a nice, quite night there and would definitely return.

The breakfast area is

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back with the view of the creek. This puts you away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Wichita, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have, and will continue to, expect a certain level of excellence from Holiday Inn Express'. Therefor, reviews about the quality of stays are unnecessary unless the expectations were not matched. However I wanted to express my absolute pleasure regarding their employee Konstantin.He took my reservation over the phone, was very polite and helpful. He greeted me very professionally and treated me very courteously when I checked in and had an excellent recommendation for dinner when I asked later.
I travel for a living and having a person at the desk like Konstantin makes my life much easier
I see by other comments that others share my appreciation for this exceptional employee.

Room Tip: I couldn't imagine a "bad" room
Merrill, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Not only were the rooms comfortable, fresh, and clean, but the customer service was outstanding. I rearranged part of my trip so I could stay an extra night at this hotel...it was such a great experience. Konstatin, at the front desk, was a true asset to that hotel. When I walked into the hotel for my second night stay, he knew me by name and had a room ready promptly. The breakfast was far more that I expected. It was delicious and fresh. I completely recommend this hotel.

Lake Tapps
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Was in town for a football game and had a wonderful experience at this Holiday Inn Express.
From our amazing check in with Konstantin, to our nice clean quiet room, pool and above and beyond breakfast buffet I can honestly say we had a great time. We were pleasantly surprised.
Konstantin at check in was so friendly and warm. I felt like he was just being himself and we were checking into a 5 star hotel right from the start. Nice job!

Room Tip: Stay for the breakfast buffet, very good. Really!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Comox, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was our 10th night on the road with a 10 month old. We were tired and wanting to settle down for the night only to find that we did not have a reservation. Our front desk rep, Konstantin, went above and beyond for us. Not only did he book us in our room without wasting any time, he also investigated and found that the booking agent had mistakenly booked us a room a month ago for which we were charged and hadn't noticed. The extra time and care he devoted to us was so wonderful, it saved us a lot of money once the error was discovered and fixed. We are very grateful to him and were completely floored that he would go this far out of his way for us. We are reward card holders at another hotel as we travel quite a bit but Konstantin may very well have converted us to the Holiday Inn Express. What a tremendous asset to have an employee like him.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

For a ten year old hotel in a cow town/college town it wasn't too bad!. The rooms were large and clean, the beds were comfortable and if you're lucky enough to get the side of the hotel with the creek you'll have a nice little view.
The hotel was fully booked and yet our room was very quiet. As we checked in the one and only elevator was just starting to be serviced (3pm) and we thought great we were on the third floor but we were allowed to use the elevator but it was down for an hour after we were allowed up so it was probably bad for the next guests.Sort of strange to close the elevator for service at check in time on a Friday.
A little maintenance care would go a long way in the rooms though as the chair fabric was worn, the tub porcelain was chipped and repaired with the wrong color, the wooden entertainment center was chipped by probably the vacuum cleaner over the years.
The room was very clean no dust, not even on the windowsill.
Another oddity besides the elevator issue was this is a pet friendly hotel and we were told that the pets are only allowed on the 1st floor, as I have pet allergies (that's why we were on the 3rd floor) however, when we went down for breakfast just 5 rooms away a man was leaving his room with his hunting dog, so don't know how strict the policy is actually. I didn't have any issues with my allergies in my room, so housekeeping must have done a great job cleaning my room or no pets were in my room.
The breakfast was not what I expected from a Holiday Inn Express! it was superior to any express I have ever stayed at before....they seemed to have everything you could think of and the food tasted very good, it was hot and fresh! And the attendant was always cleaning and stocking it up!
When we left we noticed that we did not receive the standard bill under the door so I went to the front desk and had to check out there instead. But I was assured by the man there that I should have received the bill under the door so I wouldn't have had to stop by, but I was glad I did because he was very friendly and personable and he should be commended for his attitude
and getting us on our way quickly!
On a side note FYI This hotel does have a indoor pool and a hot tub but we did not use those facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for the side with the creek! Choose the 3rd floor if you want to stay away from pets.
Guelph, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed for one night traveling across Washington state. Check in was great - the clerk (can't remember her name) was fantastic and friendly. She offered suggestions of places to see and shop in town, as well as recommendations of places to eat. Room was clean and very well appointed. Hotel in general was in good state of repair and clean. Breakfast was great as far as the standard hotel fare goes - yogurt, fresh fruit, and cereal, as well as some hot breakfast items, waffles, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!