“Amazing service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Lake Tapps
“Amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Was in town for a football game and had a wonderful experience at this Holiday Inn Express.
From our amazing check in with Konstantin, to our nice clean quiet room, pool and above and beyond breakfast buffet I can honestly say we had a great time. We were pleasantly surprised.
Konstantin at check in was so friendly and warm. I felt like he was just being himself and we were checking into a 5 star hotel right from the start. Nice job!

Room Tip: Stay for the breakfast buffet, very good. Really!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Comox, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was our 10th night on the road with a 10 month old. We were tired and wanting to settle down for the night only to find that we did not have a reservation. Our front desk rep, Konstantin, went above and beyond for us. Not only did he book us in our room without wasting any time, he also investigated and found that the booking agent had mistakenly booked us a room a month ago for which we were charged and hadn't noticed. The extra time and care he devoted to us was so wonderful, it saved us a lot of money once the error was discovered and fixed. We are very grateful to him and were completely floored that he would go this far out of his way for us. We are reward card holders at another hotel as we travel quite a bit but Konstantin may very well have converted us to the Holiday Inn Express. What a tremendous asset to have an employee like him.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

For a ten year old hotel in a cow town/college town it wasn't too bad!. The rooms were large and clean, the beds were comfortable and if you're lucky enough to get the side of the hotel with the creek you'll have a nice little view.
The hotel was fully booked and yet our room was very quiet. As we checked in the one and only elevator was just starting to be serviced (3pm) and we thought great we were on the third floor but we were allowed to use the elevator but it was down for an hour after we were allowed up so it was probably bad for the next guests.Sort of strange to close the elevator for service at check in time on a Friday.
A little maintenance care would go a long way in the rooms though as the chair fabric was worn, the tub porcelain was chipped and repaired with the wrong color, the wooden entertainment center was chipped by probably the vacuum cleaner over the years.
The room was very clean no dust, not even on the windowsill.
Another oddity besides the elevator issue was this is a pet friendly hotel and we were told that the pets are only allowed on the 1st floor, as I have pet allergies (that's why we were on the 3rd floor) however, when we went down for breakfast just 5 rooms away a man was leaving his room with his hunting dog, so don't know how strict the policy is actually. I didn't have any issues with my allergies in my room, so housekeeping must have done a great job cleaning my room or no pets were in my room.
The breakfast was not what I expected from a Holiday Inn Express! it was superior to any express I have ever stayed at before....they seemed to have everything you could think of and the food tasted very good, it was hot and fresh! And the attendant was always cleaning and stocking it up!
When we left we noticed that we did not receive the standard bill under the door so I went to the front desk and had to check out there instead. But I was assured by the man there that I should have received the bill under the door so I wouldn't have had to stop by, but I was glad I did because he was very friendly and personable and he should be commended for his attitude
and getting us on our way quickly!
On a side note FYI This hotel does have a indoor pool and a hot tub but we did not use those facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for the side with the creek! Choose the 3rd floor if you want to stay away from pets.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Guelph, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed for one night traveling across Washington state. Check in was great - the clerk (can't remember her name) was fantastic and friendly. She offered suggestions of places to see and shop in town, as well as recommendations of places to eat. Room was clean and very well appointed. Hotel in general was in good state of repair and clean. Breakfast was great as far as the standard hotel fare goes - yogurt, fresh fruit, and cereal, as well as some hot breakfast items, waffles, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sierra Vista
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for the night and headed out the next am. Bed was very comfortable, nice new pillows. Room was spacious. Had a nice view of a little stream and field. Wifi worked very well. They had a very good breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, plus yogurt, cereal and pastries. They had something for everyone and were constantly refilling it, which was nice. You didn't have to ask. Was greeted with bottled water and cookies, nice! Everyone was very friendly. Thought they were expensive, but it was worth it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We come to Ellensburg every year for the CWU Homecoming game and over the past 18 years have stayed in some questionable hotels, however the Holiday In Express is my Favorite and has been our hotel of choice since it opened (Minus one year when they were booked up) The Staff is always friendly and helpful. This year Konstantine was great with checking in our whole group. I saw him helping numerous people throughout my stay and regardless of what he was doing he always had a smile. Breakfast was warm and delicious. Wifi worked great. The room was clean and I really appreciated the choice of soft and firm pillows. Only negative was the refrigerator in my room. It sounded like an extremely loud ticking clock. It was unbearable, but luckily I didn't have anything in the fridge so after trying to deal with the noise I just unplugged it and had a very good nights sleep. We will be back. See you next year!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

It takes amazing service for me to give 5 stars and this hotel had it in spades. Konstantine was outstanding. I made many changes and updates to our reservations and he always helped me with grace. Breakfast was good, we slept soundly and the room was clean. There are spots in the hotel that need a fresh coat of paint, but overall the place is in decent shape and clean. Great location just off the highway (but you don't hear it), walking distance to coffee shops, restaurants and late night drinks. We will be back due to the great service. Thank you Brittney and team for another great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!