For a ten year old hotel in a cow town/college town it wasn't too bad!. The rooms were large and clean, the beds were comfortable and if you're lucky enough to get the side of the hotel with the creek you'll have a nice little view.
The hotel was fully booked and yet our room was very quiet. As we checked in the one and only elevator was just starting to be serviced (3pm) and we thought great we were on the third floor but we were allowed to use the elevator but it was down for an hour after we were allowed up so it was probably bad for the next guests.Sort of strange to close the elevator for service at check in time on a Friday.
A little maintenance care would go a long way in the rooms though as the chair fabric was worn, the tub porcelain was chipped and repaired with the wrong color, the wooden entertainment center was chipped by probably the vacuum cleaner over the years.
The room was very clean no dust, not even on the windowsill.
Another oddity besides the elevator issue was this is a pet friendly hotel and we were told that the pets are only allowed on the 1st floor, as I have pet allergies (that's why we were on the 3rd floor) however, when we went down for breakfast just 5 rooms away a man was leaving his room with his hunting dog, so don't know how strict the policy is actually. I didn't have any issues with my allergies in my room, so housekeeping must have done a great job cleaning my room or no pets were in my room.
The breakfast was not what I expected from a Holiday Inn Express! it was superior to any express I have ever stayed at before....they seemed to have everything you could think of and the food tasted very good, it was hot and fresh! And the attendant was always cleaning and stocking it up!
When we left we noticed that we did not receive the standard bill under the door so I went to the front desk and had to check out there instead. But I was assured by the man there that I should have received the bill under the door so I wouldn't have had to stop by, but I was glad I did because he was very friendly and personable and he should be commended for his attitude
and getting us on our way quickly!
On a side note FYI This hotel does have a indoor pool and a hot tub but we did not use those facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® is conveniently located off Interstate 90 in the heart of the Kittitas Valley. When it comes to outdoor activities, Ellensburg is in a prime location for things like fly fishing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, and snowmobiling. If you'd rather go shopping or see local art, historic downtown Ellensburg boasts many shops and galleries. No matter the reason for your visit, our committed staff is sure to make your stay comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Ellensburg
- Holiday Inn Ellensburg
- Ellensburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Ellensburg