“Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Ellensburg
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We broke our car in the highway and we had to stay in Ellensburg for two nights and chose to stay at Holiday Inn. The hotel was very clean and nice and had a great swimming pool for the kids. Breakfast was very good and the staff was very friendly. I recommend if anyone wants to stay in Ellensburg to stay in that hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Monroe, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was in Ellensburg for my niece's wedding ... I did the flowers for the reception, bridal party, parents and 50 vases of bouquets! The staff was great, understanding and brought me LOTS of coffee along with the heavenly chocolate chip cookies! We invaded the breakfast room with family, including several toddlers ... it did not throw these great individuals a curve at all!!! Crissy was great, even adding a room, at the last minute, for use of an ever changing group as we came in and out of town!!!!! Just one word WOW!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bonney Lake, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I just spent a week at The Holiday Inn Express in Ellensburg WA and I can not restrain my self from commenting.

The Hotel rooms are clean and comfortable (as you would expect) and quiet! A pool and spa and laundry are also available. The morning breakfast is a great way to start the day either in your room or in the breakfast area or on the go!!!! Fresh cinnamon rolls and other hot breakfast items delightfull!

However it is the staff that makes all the difference in the world. I have stayed in many of the other hotels in Ellensburg and The Holiday Inn Express is the only one I felt compelled in recommending. The staff is so polite, pleasant and willing to help you in any way, while staying at the Hotel.

I truly consider The Holiday Inn Express, my home away from home!

A special thank you to Brittney, Constantine, and Maria for stellar customer service while I enjoyed my stay!

Looking forward to my next reservation

D Murdock

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Selah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

While Ellensburg is only a 1/2 hour away from us, it has a lot of events that we prefer to spend the night at. This is always our go-to place -- quiet, nice rooms, staff have always been professional, killer cookies in the evening, and just overall a good place to be.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my first time in Ellensburg for a very important 3 day business trip. When I arrived I was treated with warmth and accommodation when I requested a room that met a few standards - my requests were met and then some! The room was quiet, spacious and perfect for my purposes of working long hours and being comfortable. I was already super impressed and then I had a printer problem, (I brought my own printer for my work) and in the early morning hours Maria was at the front desk and she treated me like I was at the Ritz Carlton! I told her I needed a few things printed out and she totally made it happen. She was a superstar-very optimistic, telling me she was delighted to assist me and would do everything in her power to support my request and she surpassed my expectations! She totally saved the day; seriously, the last time I was treated like this was when I was in Atlanta for a job interview and the prospective employer paid for a suite at the Ritz Carlton! Maria might consider a job teaching customer service-she knows how to make people feel special and honored. After all she did for me, the next day I received a thank you from HER stating that she was gratified to be of service. She's the one that deserved a thank you from me!!! WOW-when my company grows a bit more, I will see if she is available to train my staff in customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was a busy weekend in Ellensburg and they were at full capacity but everything rans smoothly at this Holiday Inn Express. From check-in to check-out there was not a single concern. The rooms are immaculate, beds comfy and a nice variety of soft and firm pillows, and the breakfasts are very diverse...something for everyone. They even have a basket to choose a snack from and a bottle of water when you check in.

Room Tip: I've stayed three times and had three different rooms and all were excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Encinitas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We found the mattress in room 319 was just awful! Had a horrible night's sleep. The hotel itself is well appointed, very nice staff, clean and a good location when traveling. I feel that possibly the mattresses have been ignored for looks of the hotel. I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express' and have never had a problem with the beds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Diane K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience our mattress may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!