“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Ellensburg
Selah, Washington
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

While Ellensburg is only a 1/2 hour away from us, it has a lot of events that we prefer to spend the night at. This is always our go-to place -- quiet, nice rooms, staff have always been professional, killer cookies in the evening, and just overall a good place to be.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my first time in Ellensburg for a very important 3 day business trip. When I arrived I was treated with warmth and accommodation when I requested a room that met a few standards - my requests were met and then some! The room was quiet, spacious and perfect for my purposes of working long hours and being comfortable. I was already super impressed and then I had a printer problem, (I brought my own printer for my work) and in the early morning hours Maria was at the front desk and she treated me like I was at the Ritz Carlton! I told her I needed a few things printed out and she totally made it happen. She was a superstar-very optimistic, telling me she was delighted to assist me and would do everything in her power to support my request and she surpassed my expectations! She totally saved the day; seriously, the last time I was treated like this was when I was in Atlanta for a job interview and the prospective employer paid for a suite at the Ritz Carlton! Maria might consider a job teaching customer service-she knows how to make people feel special and honored. After all she did for me, the next day I received a thank you from HER stating that she was gratified to be of service. She's the one that deserved a thank you from me!!! WOW-when my company grows a bit more, I will see if she is available to train my staff in customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was a busy weekend in Ellensburg and they were at full capacity but everything rans smoothly at this Holiday Inn Express. From check-in to check-out there was not a single concern. The rooms are immaculate, beds comfy and a nice variety of soft and firm pillows, and the breakfasts are very diverse...something for everyone. They even have a basket to choose a snack from and a bottle of water when you check in.

Room Tip: I've stayed three times and had three different rooms and all were excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Encinitas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We found the mattress in room 319 was just awful! Had a horrible night's sleep. The hotel itself is well appointed, very nice staff, clean and a good location when traveling. I feel that possibly the mattresses have been ignored for looks of the hotel. I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express' and have never had a problem with the beds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Diane K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience our mattress may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend for a soccer tournament with the soccer team. The hotel was very clean, staff was very nice. The breakfast in the morning was the best I think we have ever had at a hotel. Eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, donuts, bagels, pancakes, muffins, toast, biscuits & gravy, juice, coffee, milk, fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs...
The team had a blast in the indoor pool. It was well stocked with towels. Nice patio off pool with BBQ for guest use. They allow breakfast room to be used for dining as well, we ordered pizza, and they allowed us use of the breakfast room to eat. I would highly recommend and will stay here again. Starbucks in the morning is in the parking lot!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel advertises free, high speed wireless. On check in I identified myself as traveling for business and that I needed a room with a great wireless connection and quiet. She assured me that I would have such a room. On the first night, the wireless worked. It was very slow, but it worked. On my second night, there was no wireless. I called the desk and asked them to adjust the router. They did. I got wireless and the manager phoned to make sure all was well. On the third night there was no wireless. I phoned the desk and the bouncy, brain-dead girl treated me as though it was my computers problem. I phoned again. No help. No wireless.
In addition, housekeeping for the third night didn't clean well.
And, noisy people in the halls and in the rooms next door. Thin, thin walls. Everything can. be heard.
I can't recommend this hotel for anyone who has a sleep schedule that they like or who has work that needs to be done.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear needwork,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been in the retail/customer service business for well over a decade and whenever I encounter an individual that is the epitome of excellent customer service I like to take the time to recognize them. Upon arriving in Ellensburg I was greeted by a young lady at the front desk named Rachel who was very friendly and got me checked in quickly. As my stay progressed Rachel did not fail to disappoint in any way at the requests made by my wife and children. (and always with a smile) She even brought homemade cookies that SHE ACTUALLY MADE HERSELF!!! to share with the guests and they were excellent!!! This level of customer service is a rarity in this day and age and if I could have taken her from you and offered her a position with my organization I certainly would have. You rock Rachel!!, thank you so much for making my families' stay so enjoyable.

Robert B.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!