“One of the best places in town” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Vancouver, Canada
“One of the best places in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My most recent stay at this hotel was my second one at this location. On both occasions, I have found the rooms to be clean and well kept up. The hotel is very modern and the staff are both cordial and professional. It does cost slightly more than what one might expect for a hotel in its location but it does offer a hot breakfast and walking distance to coffee shops and a few fast food eateries. Like with other places in Ellensburg, it is not located within easy walking distance of the historical downtown. Overall, I would recommend this property who is looking for a well appointed place that is above that of the average hotel/motel.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the north side as it faces away from the parking lot and affords more privacy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
ryanl8
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

this was a pitstop on a long drive and we found this place...they allowed pets. The room was good the bed was fine. Breakfast was way better than most hotels and the price was fair. We had a speedy checkin with no reservation also. There were couple places within walking distance to eat and a grocery store down the street and fuel stations close.

White Salmon, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Holiday Inn Express is my home away from home when I'm on business or a weekend away. Comfortable, Friendly and Polite from the minute Dave acknowledges me at the door to the breakfast Lisa fixes every morning. I find the rooms clean and the staff willing to accomadate. Holiday Inn Express has always been flexible for my flex-schedule in Ellensburg, just pick up the phone, explain and they have place ready when I arrive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Spanaway, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was our second trip to this Holiday Inn and once again, the staff was friendly and very professional. Our daughter plans to attend college in the area so we wanted to get a feel for the city. Our second trip was to get her settled into her new apartment and school. The facility was clean and up to date. The rooms were clean, cool, and well stocked. The pool is great although, the hot tub was under repair. We received an email several days prior about this so it was no problem. When we checked in Crissy helped us a great deal and had the warm cookies ready! The weather was HOT (August) and the hotel was cool and extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet is very good and got our day off to a great start. This hotel is the only place we will stay when in Ellensburg! Thanks for a great visit.

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms were best as they are not on ground level and a little quieter.
Newcastle WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express was a great place to stay. The room was immaculate. The air conditioning worked and created a pleasant environment. The room had a mini-refrigerator and a microwave. There were quality towels and amenities in the bathroom. The breakfasst was outstanding, including the pancake maker, cinnamon rolls, omelettes, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, juices, assorted breads, and coffee. One of the better breakfasts being served. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Request top floor to avoid having anyone above you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

For its star rating, this hotel is appropriately comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I did not experience any glitches. So, while I would not rave about it and recommend it for your special vacation, if you are traveling and need a comfortable and clean place to stay in Ellensburg, I would not hesitate to recommend the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back side of the property away from the main road, pool and elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SLC, UT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The first room they gave me already had someone in it. Luckly for me they weren't NRA nuts. I hauled all my stuff from room 325 back to the desk. The clerk reasinged me to room 327. Back to mey new room. The card key didn't work. Back to the desk. She rest the lock again.
back to room 327. Card still doesn't work, back to the desk. This time she gives me roon 122. After 4 trip to my room I finallly get to put my luggage down. She also screwed up the original people in 325. She made no offer to make up for their screwups. I wanted to speak to someone else about this but no one was at the desk or answering the bell at 5:30 am when I left. This happen 07-30-12 at the Holiday Inn Express in Elllenburg, WA. Conf no 67877715

Glen Varvil

Room Tip: Go to the Best Westerner
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Glen V,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!