“Needs updated” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Tacoma, Washington
“Needs updated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

We stayed in a suite with two queen beds and a pullout. I did not sleep well, uncomfortable bed. They need to get rid of the wallpaper, wash the blankets and please change the beds. The room and bathroom needsto be updated. I would not stay again. They also need to be upgraded their buffet. We would not eat the eggs, the waffles were average at best. We had to go to Jack in the Box, so buffet didn't save us any money. If cleanliness or new is top on your list, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Manager-Ellensburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Our goal is to ensure that every guest has an exceptional experience while staying with us and we are disappointed to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. You stated our hotel needs updating which is surprising as our hotel is only 5 years old. There is also some other details of your stay that we would love the opportunity to discuss with you further. We have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee policy called our “Hospitality Promise” and we want to make sure we do what is right to make this up to you. Additionally, we want to take the necessary steps to ensure these issues do not arise again. Please contact us toll free at (855) 962-9400 or by email at ellensburgHIE@yahoo.com. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for sharing your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I have a very high standard for hotels. But we were in a small town and I wasn't expecting the greatest accommodations and was ready to be okay with what ever kind of room we got. I have never been so happy to be wrong! I don't use the word "giddy" very often, especially not to express my own self, but I was absolutely giddy! From the great service at the front desk with the welcoming lobby, to the amazing room with soft soft sheets and pillows and comforters. I normally wake up at 6:30, even on weekends. That day, we didn't wake up until 9:00 we were so comfy! We took so long to get out of bed that we missed the continental breakfast! Highly recommend. Hope all Holiday Inn Expresses are this awesome!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Havelock, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Traveled cross country to drop our child off at college. The hotel accommodations made the trip more comfortable at a time that was emotional! We are a well traveled military family, so have spent many nights in hotels across country as well as overseas. This hotel has, by far, been the best quality hotel I have stayed in and I have stayed in some upscale hotels. I look forward to my return to Ellensburg and without a doubt will book with HIE. The rooms were very clean. The Staff were customer service friendly. The breakfast was wonderful! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

• Stayed September 2010
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

One stay is all it took. This small town HIE is awesome. Friendly staff that go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. Amenities are fine as per most HIE, breakfast was good. Staff that really care separates this hotel from many others.........would highly recommend HIE Ellensburg!!

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Canuck in Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

After reading the other reviews, I conclude that there must be two Holiday Inn Express locations in Ellensburg or else I had the privilege of staying in the single worst room in the hotel. This HI Express rates at the very bottom of hotels I have stayed in. The bed was horrible. The mattress felt like it had a hole in it. The bathroom door was broken. The water in the shower came out like the stream from a hose. I am sure it was just a matter of adjusting the shower head, but being as short as I am I had to live with it. About 3 minutes into enjoying my hose shower the water went cold. Ummmmmm? I realize this is a budget hotel, but I do expect things to be in reasonable working order.

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Nothing bad to say, we stayed over for a short time while traveling to the west coast. Clean hotel, great staff, awesome breakfast, nice pool.

Would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Priority Club Dave here. Booked a suite at the HI Express in Ellensburg, which I had chosen over the Hampton Inn because they were booked. It was Valentines weekend, and we went to look for Ellensburg Blue Agate (I know, romantic eh?)
Check in was so fast I scrambled to find my credit card for her to imprint. A welcome bag with water, snacks, and popcorn was really very cool, and the front desk person was so friendly, I wanted to take her out for supper. She was interested in our stay, why we were there, and she hoped we would find everything in order. The room, 3rd floor suite was very very clean, nicely decorated, cozy, and smelled fresh and inviting. Bathroom (which can be a pet peeve of mine) was absolutely shiny clean. Bed , sheets, and pillows were diverse, and very comfortable indeed. Internet access was super fast, and as easy as pressing the "I accept" button on the licensing page.
We stayed two nights, and hit the jacuzzi the first night. The pool area was very clean, water temp was 104 degrees. Only glitch (and I hate hotels that do this) is no bubbles in the jacuzzi. So, we will call this a soaking tub. There were plenty of towels inside the pool area, and furniture was clean and nicely arranged.
Breakfast at HI Express has become a favorite of mine over the last several trips. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, breads, doughnuts, cereals, juices....etc. I`m a big feller, and I like a nice hearty breakfast, and the new HI Express knows what fills you up....and the quality is good as well. Went into the business center to do some email and played with everything in there. Nice printer, fast internet, and very well maintained. Even had plenty of paper which I did use to print some maps....in color!!!
My wife and I deliberately looked for something wrong to report at this hotel, which isnt really fair in general, but works to The HI Express` advantage here, because we didnt find a thing. (okay, jacuzzi bubbles please)
Kudos to the staff, the management, and maintenance team at Ellensburg Holiday Inn Express. I started my stay with a smile, and ended the same way. If you are travelling through, and need a place to stay, I highly recomend this HI Express. I promise you will not have any complaints.....Oh yah, I heard someone mention the doors were noisy? I listened deliberately for that, and never heard a peep. There were several rooms with children running amok as well, but when they left the hallway, I never heard them again. This hotel is A+ for me. Will definately stay again, and highly recomend.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!