“Good for laughs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cedars Inn Ellensburg

You added Cedars Inn Ellensburg to your Saves list
Cedars Inn Ellensburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1390 North Dolarway Rd., Ellensburg, WA 98926-9362 (Formerly I-90 Inn Motel)   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Nanoose Bay
“Good for laughs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived at 10pm after a long day of travelling on our way to Idaho with a confirmed reservation. Right before the turn off to the hotel, we were pulled over for speeding... we could literally see the hotel while the cop wrote us a ticket. When we arrived, the hotel clerk informed us that there are more cops per capita in Ellensburg than anywhere in the US, so be warned. This is an inn so the rooms were all facing the parking lot with outside doors and you can hear people arriving and leaving. When we entered our room, we realized that this room required an immediate bed check. Pulled back the covers and noticed black hairs on the pillows. I bring my own pillow so no problem for me, but my husband didn't and so he went to use the phone to request a new pillow case. He picked up the phone and it was dead, so he decided to walk back to the front desk, but when he went to leave, the door knob fell off. By this time I had wandered to the bathroom to check it out and realized that the bathroom floor in the toilet/bathtub area (the only place not carpeted) was stained black and so I would probably leave my flip flops on. When I saw that we were trapped in our room with my husband holding the knob, I couldn't help but laugh. Good thing he knows something about construction and was able to get out and get to the front desk. They were apologetic and gave him a few pillow cases and sent someone to fix the knob. The next morning we went to the breakfast buffet and there was no protein of any sort so we ate nearby at a restaurant across the street. Overall, the room was inexpensive ($60/nt) and you get what you pay for, but I don't think there are any excuses for hair on the pillows.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were also looking for an affordable place to stay after attending a concert at the Gorge Amphitheater. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough. Glad I brought my own pillow, however! The room was very outdated and could use a bit of an overhaul. As other reviewers have mentioned, the walls were very thin so we were woken up very early by other guests around us. I would stay here again but only if everywhere else is booked up!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place close to the Gorge Amphitheatre to get back to after a concert. This was the closest that I could find even 5 months in advance. (The best, and closest, place to the Gorge is probably rented out by the band, as in this circumstance.) It was very cheap but you get what you pay for. A basic, comfortable room that is outdated and smells of old smoke. On the positive, the staff is great. We were able to check in nearly 4 hrs before check-in to store our lugguge before the concert. Also, I slept so well it was hard to wake up the next morning. It served its purpose and if we ever get back to the Gorge we might stay here again if we can't find anything closer.

• Stayed September 2012
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

When the hotel name popped up following booking on Hotwire, I was dreading my stay. Not saying that this place is a five star luxury or anything, but it was a nice clean rest stop for a night. Checked in very late and was given a second floor corner waterside room which was really quiet. I was completely exhausted when I checked in and didn't notice when neighbours checked in - but I can't speak for them since I was up before they were. And the shower was loud... so my neighbour's review may be very different from mine. Loved the fact that there was a little fridge and micro in the room too. You can tell that there have been updates made to the motel, but the linen is still of an older, tired vintage. I really wasn't there for a long time - just to get off of the hwy - but it served my needs very well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
AUSTRALIA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because of bush fires in the nearby area. We found the room very outdated and far too much furniture for the size of the room. It was very very noisy as the walls are very thin and we felt like the people in the adjoining room were in our room. Would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family stayed here for one night traveling from Montana to Seattle (August 6, 2012). The rooms were large with comfortable beds, good showers, internet and breakfast. The desk staff person was very friendly and recommended a very good family restaurant, Perkin's, right near by for supper. Our only complaint was no toilet paper or cups in the bathroom on check in.

Room Tip: We got rooms at the back and they faced on to a small lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sidney Bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Can't believe we stayed here, but this was the Hotwire selection chosen by Hotwire. Someone from Hotwire should stay here and see!

Motel needs upgrading and repairs. Rooms are noisy, on highway side especially, but even on the waterside.
Use only if you cannot drive on to points east or south. Better options in area and further west at Cl Elum.
Staff could not describe nearby attractions as close as 50 miles.

Room Tip: Avoid motel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cedars Inn Ellensburg? Share your experiences!