“In my top 5 motels!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1390 North Dolarway Rd., Ellensburg, WA 98926-9362 (Formerly Cedars Inn Ellensburg)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Bigfork, MT
“In my top 5 motels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

As truck drivers, my wife and I stay at roadside motels frequently when we need to stretch out and relax. I would put this motel very near the top of my list of truck driver friendly places. It has a huge parking area for trucks, a great discount ($52.00), extremely friendly staff, clean and well stocked rooms, a great selection of channels on the TV, and very comfy beds. We tend to go back to motels we like, and we will definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Truck Parking
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kalispell, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

While driving back from BC we were too tired to go any further, so we stoped for gas in Ellensburg and saw a sign for a little, dated looking motel. I wasn't so sure at first, I've had some bad experiences, but once inside the room it was like grandmas house. It was perfectly clean, squeaky even. The bed had quality linens, and was very comfortable, almost too comfortable to get up and keep driving the next morning. If I go that direction I will definately crash there again if I need to. It was way better then the motel I had spent 3 nights in BC in, no offence Canada.

Make it a part of your trip, that strech of highway can be really bad if your already sleepy. Don't risk it, stay at this motel and you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tacoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

On September 28, 2007 in the early afternoon, I met my friend at the 1-90 Inn Motel as we wanted to stay in the town where we attended college nearly 40 years ago, although our final destination that evening was the Central Washington Fair in Yakima.. We also wanted to keep the costs down and still get a clean comfortable room. I had passed thru Ellensburg earlier this year and asked to see a room at the I-90 Inn for future stays, and was able to see one that was clean although an older unit.
This time when I actually stayed a night there, I got room 136, non smoking in front lower level, and in my opinion the room was better than expected, as it had been refurbished.
Not to say it was the Hilton, but for $68 plus tax for two people and two queen size beds it was a solid deal. It was a lot like a very good Motel 6, not an older one, this room was on the small side but refurbished very nicely and for the purpose of staying one night for a clean comfortable room at a fair price, this is the one. I will definitely stay again for a similar situation. It also had a refrigerator which was a nice feature for me.
As many motels in this town, it was close to the Interstate so the ambience was not vacation quality, but again for the money it was a good deal. All the staff was friendly and helpful as well. My friend took advantage of the continental breakfast added in the morning as he left earlier than I did.
At any rate, a good deal......

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Roadside ambience
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
Southampton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

We were travelling without specific plans, and called this hotel from the road. They had a room, AAA rate of $68 + tax for 3 of us (me, wife, her brother).

The room had 2 queen beds, very clean, nice TV, everything in working order. We asked for and got a room on the ground floor facing a small lake in the back (we had lots of luggage, didn't want to drag it upstairs, there is no elevator).

Location is right off of an I-90 exit. The desk clerk told us of a Mexican restaurant in town, if you stay there ask for it, it was great!!

Continental breakfast, nothing special, the usual coffee, juice, bagels, danish, etc.

For the $, we all thought this was a good deal and are glad we found it and stayed there.

• Liked — Good price, clean, comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2006

We got rained out at our campground, air mattress was leaking and we were on the cold ground soaking wet. So, off we go to the I90 inn at 1am. Desk staff was friendly and efficent. We had a smoking room on the second floor which was all there was left. (some smoke smell, but not bad) The room was clean and there was a microwave and a fridge. (No coffee maker) Lots of soap and shampoo, clean white towels. AC, and TV with remote and a vibrating bed, that took our quarter but didn't vibrate and had us giggling. For the price this is great place to stop for a quiet nights sleep. Go to Perkins Restaurant across the road for a good breakfast that is served fast! We ordered and had our breakfast in 2 minutes and the place was packed! They have just baked giant muffins. Yums!

• Stayed June 2006
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

We stayed here when everything else in Ellensburg was full. We expected the worst but were pleasantly surprised and would recommend the I-90.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!