“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Seattle
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

In reading reviews prior to booking it was apparent that rooms were being renovated, but I got the impression that was due to be finished by the time I booked. As of Oct 17 this was not the case. We got an unrenovated room (I hope!), tube tv with poor reception as described in an earlier review, noisy bathroom fan, older linens. There were mattresses leaning against the walls upstairs in the hall. Realized the day we were checking out that our room phone had been unplugged the whole time. When we went to the pool/spa area in the evening we were told by the guests in the hot tub that it was not working (as they attempted to conceal their beer cans).

However, I will say that even though the room was not "refreshed" it was very clean, as was the pool/spa area (please restock the towels though, we had to use our room towels). The internet connectivity is good. Despite the noisy bathroom fan, the hotel itself is located in a quiet area, and we slept well. I would consider staying again, as the price is right for an average hotel. Did not access the breakfast, but the waffles smelled delicious.

Be aware when you make your reservation though, if you try to book online you may get hijacked to a 3rd party site that will charge you extra fees, then book you through Expedia and keep the "fees" for their "services" (reservationcounter.com). When the hotel gave me my receipt upon checkout, I compared it with my reservation confirmation, and there was a $40.- difference for 2 nights. Either book by phone directly with the hotel or use a KNOWN travel site. My fault for not paying attention.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms - no pets, pretty quiet.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in room 222 great room facing a great view of the foothills and the sunset. The room was big for a family of 4. Beds were comfortable. And breakfast was great, omelets, biscuits and gravy, and my favorite oatmeal.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we were checking in on November 3, 2014 and saw the crooked Days Inn logo on the wall behind the main reception desk (see photo), we knew that we were checking in to a motel with non-caring owners. The room key was presented to us in a badly wrinkled, used paper envelope. Not very classy! Room 113 had a smaller, tube TV with minimally acceptable reception. 2 of 4 screws holding the shower curtain were pulled out of the wall. The tub water had to be turned on to full hot to get warm water. The bathroom fan vibrated so badly, that if you used it, even with the bathroom door closed, you could not hear the TV. This isn't the kind of motel where you would feel comfortable walking on the room floor without footwear, and for that reason would definitely did not trust the pool to be maintained properly and clean, so we didn't go in. The breakfast offerings were minimal, AND they were out of coffee, only 3 coffee cups left, 4 slices of bread left, etc. I went to the reception desk and had to ring the bell to get someone to came out from the back room to make coffee and take care of the kitchen. The town of Ellensburg is located across the freeway and beyond, so count on driving, now walking. The literature in the room did suggest a local restaurant (and offer a coupon if you asked), which turned out to be a very good restaurant - The Palace. So, I wouldn't recommend this place, unless you're desperate for a place to stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

New bed, carpet, dressers, tv's for flat screens and all new linens. The cover on the beds are beautiful beds were so comfortable. Very nice update compared to last year. The staff is very nice. Barry was wonderful and so polite when we checked in. Upon check out in the morning Barry was there with a beautiful smile on his face. That is costumer service. There a night and back to say bye the next day. Fast check out and no complaints very quiet stay. Will be staying again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Read a lot of reviews before i came. I really love what they are doing here. Barry is the man! Helped me out with all my needs and the new owner will do anything to see you happy! That were very nice people. Also I thought the rooms were great. Very well cleaned and great step up from most days inns. Over all great time will be back

• Stayed September 2014
AmyBains, General Manager at Days Inn Ellensburg, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us! I will share your comments with our staff, who will be as delighted as I am that your visit went so well. We strive to give great service and provide excellent room quality. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and will look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.
Hope, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

All I really needed was a decent clean room and bed and that's all this was. I was surprised that there was no comforter on the bed. The TV reception was lousy on most channels, thankfully I was beat and needed to be in Anacortes by 8 a.m., so I was up by 4 a.m. Showered and gone. I wouldn't recommend this motel over other choices.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. We are deeply sorry that your cable was not up to par, as we could not get a technician during the bust weekend to come in and reset the cable connection, and as a result of this our maintenance and entire front desk staff have all learned from our cable providers teaching website and been certified to fix this issue, if it ever comes again. We hope to see you again.

Amy Bains
GM

Been to Days Inn Ellensburg? Share your experiences!