“Rude Staff, Dirty Rooms; Cheapened Amenities” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Ellensburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Berry Road, Ellensburg, WA 98926   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Tacoma, Washington
“Rude Staff, Dirty Rooms; Cheapened Amenities”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A group of us have stayed at the Days Inn in Ellensburg WA over 20 years. New owners basically called us liars. One room had two dirty towels from previous guests, one had grapes and candy wrappers left on the floor. New owner said she didn't believe us. Rates almost doubled. Now charged for meeting room, which for 20 years never happened. Breakfast room - tiny cups, no creamer, poor selection of cereal. Closes way too early (9:00 am). We will not have our bi-yearly meetings there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
Green Features: They were nothing special. Rooms did ask you to reuse towels.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Coupeville, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel could use a little repair. "Poor" is a little harsh but "it is definitely below "average". Our room had a broken bathroom hanger and the shower curtain had apparently come off the wall at some point, so it was re-attached several inches below, resulting in the curtain sitting in the bottom of the tub & 2 unrepaired holes in the wall. The food & drink we put in the room fridge were frozen solid in the morning.There were other signs of disrepair throughout the hotel as well. Other than the grungy shower curtain though, the room seemed clean & the cleaning staff were very friendly. The front desk staff were not as helpful. The television reception was horrible but the front desk responded that was status quo & nothing could be done. Also, the hotel info book in the room needs updating as it states breakfast ran until 10 but when we arrived at 9:10, the door was closed with a sign saying breakfast ended at 9. The hotel was a good price but I think we could have found other similar priced hotels nearby that were kept up a little better.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, try to get the second floor as we were on ground floor & every ti...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Tigard, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just returned from the worst experience we have ever had staying away from home. We have stayed here in the past and were happy to return. Upon arrival we discovered the rate for the RV park has gone up from $35 to $60 for a spot in the RV park. We had no cable, no WiFi, the locks on the bathrooms are broken and the garbage cans were overflowing, we were also forced to crawl our cords and hoses under our RV as the utilities are on the wrong side. This is nothing compared to how we were treated by the management when we discovered we had been charged for 4 nights instead of 3. When we politely brought the discrepancy to the management's attention, the older woman behind the counter offered no apologies and the first thing she said to us was, "if you don't like the price, you can leave". We had already accepted the price increase, we just wanted our money back for the extra night they charged us. She started yelling that they had the right to refuse service to anyone, as if that gave her the right to withhold our money. She sent me away and told me she'd think about giving me my money back. My husband and I were in shock as to how we were treated by simply asking for the extra night to be refunded. In the end we had to wait until check out before she would honor our request for a refund. Had we not paid so much to stay here and risked losing our entire payment, I would have left immediately. When I asked to speak to the general manager, Barry Bains, I discovered he was a very young man, maybe in his twenties, he did not make eye contact and kept mumbling that he was "off the clock". The woman at the front desk scolded him and sent him away when he reluctantly tried to help me after much pleading from me. She began screaming that they could not live off of $35 a night, they were bankrupt after investing $50,000 in updates and $7,000 in technology. We did not benefit from any of those things. In the end I was forced to apologize, even though I had done nothing wrong, just so I could get my money back. We will never stay here again as long as this management is in place. (To the management, save your response and empty apology to this complaint, it is not worth it).

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Kent, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent 2 nights in their RV Park over Labor Day week end. Cable did not work & no wifi. Wifi worked if you brought the Tablet inside the hotel. Public restrooms were dirty with no toilet paper & soap. Public showers were dirty. We happened to meet & talk with other people in rv's on each side, & front & back of us. They all said the same things that we wrote. :( On Saturday, due to a broken water pipe, we were without water for over 2 hours. Sadly, management never informed any of us. Management drove around RV site where worker was digging around pipe, When talked to Amy regarding water problem, she got angry-very defensive. I also experienced her same attitude when I told her our cable wasn't working, We even had difficulty with the site we were assigned when we made our reservations. When we arrived we were given a totally different one. When discussed this with man when we checked in very rude-just as rude as when we made the reservations directly to the hotel (not the "800" phone number). We will never stay here again. I feel since no cable or wifi as advertised, they should of made a price adjustment as they did not have amenities as advertised. Also do not feel welcome with rudeness & agh mental attitude greets you.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Ellensburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Ellensburg

Address: 901 Berry Road, Ellensburg, WA 98926
Location: United States > Washington > Ellensburg
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Ellensburg 2*
Our goal is simple: to make Ellensburg lodging fun, affordable, and completely family-friendly. And with a convenient location near downtown Ellensburg and I-90, plus full amenities, the Days Inn delivers! To complete your Ellensburg lodging experience, we offer each guest complimentary wifi access, a refreshing indoor swimming pool, and a hearty continental breakfast featuring a waffle bar. A laundromat is located on-site, and professionals will appreciate our business center and conference facility. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Days Inn Ellensburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Ellensburg Hotel Ellensburg
Ellensburg Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Ellensburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.