“Maybe opened too early” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge at Canyon River Ranch

Lodge at Canyon River Ranch
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ellensburg
Lodge at Canyon River Ranch
Save Saved
You added Lodge at Canyon River Ranch to your Saves list
14700 Canyon Rd, Ellensburg, WA   |
Calgary
“Maybe opened too early”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This might be a nice place when all the facilities are open and the kinks are worked out. Yes the rooms are nice. But - the email that would have told us that their full service cafe will open next October and in the interim their restaurant (which has not yet received a liquor license) is only open for lunch and dinner on Thursday to Sunday) was sent to a misspelled email address - so we could not plan to bring food. There is no market or other restaurant anywhere closer than twenty minutes drive away. We will have to checkout early just to get breakfast. We also recommended that they get more than four lounge chairs and two umbrellas for the pool. Guests had "reserved" all the chairs and yet there were only two people in the pool. And when it is hot - many people do not want to sit in full sun. I spent most of my visit in the room as a result. Also note that they shut and lock the lobby and all the public interior lounge space at five! Might be a good idea to find out how to check in if you plan to arrive later.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Canyon River Ranch is an amazing get away only 1 hour 45 minutes from Seattle. Great rooms, very comfortable beds, and all of the amenities to make an amazing trip-river, pool, hot tub, main loge and idylic location.

Top notch guide service and fly shop onsite. Incredible trout fishing on Yakima River out the door and many other rivers nearby. Sporting Clays, wild bird hunting, and released pheasant available through fly shop.

We have stayed many times and have used all of the amenities.....5 star.

Room Tip: Book a fly fishing trip with Reds Fly Shop.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am not a fly fisher but after staying here I am tempted to return for lessons! I hear they will be offering wine tasting/fly fishing events soon - sounds like a great combination to me - with yoga and spa weekends to follow. The lodge is stunning, located right on the river. And you get to enjoy those brilliant blue skies and crisp clear mornings, while pretending to be "roughing it" in a 5 star room that is bigger than a lot of NYC apartments...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

The lodge is beautiful. Our condo was super clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable and I loved the big picture windows. It made for a nice Sunday morning to get up and watch the river. We had our son and his wife with us and we had plenty of room. The condo was a perfect find while we were wine tasting in the Yakima Valley. It's located a ways away from the wineries but it's worth the drive. They are also in the process of building a restaurant on the property. Another nice treat was looking at the animals in the canyon. Big horn sheep, deer, eagles. Be sure to bring your binoculars! We'll be back again to stay @ the lodge.

Room Tip: All the condos face the river
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to spend a wonderful weekend at the Lodge at Canyon River ranch. Amazing! Accommodation were wonderful with a fireplace, large screen TV, a kitchen nicely appointed, one and a half baths and two bedrooms! What more could you ask for? All of this with a wonderful view of the river and a lovely snowfall. Heaven!

• Stayed November 2011
Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed here with another couple for a fishing excursion. We checked in on a Friday and checked out on Monday. It rained Friday and Sunday.

The lodge is new. The rooms was very nice with a fireplace, plasma TV, lovely kitchen / dinning area and big sweeping views of the river and cliffs. My friend and I fished while our wives hung out and relaxed. We fished two full days (Saturday and Sunday). My friend and I really enjoyed the fishing and the lodge. Our wives really enjoyed the lodge as well. However, they were going a little stir crazy by Sunday. The lodge is about 20 miles outside a small town. The town pretty much closes up on Sunday. Plus it was also raining so outdoor activities were limited for our wives. So two days of relaxing at the lodge was a bit much for them. They do not fish but they needed a little more activity. For the record, I fished in the rain and had a great day catching trout.

This would be a great place to bring a fishing / hunting group. There is a large dining room and kitchen that is open for anyone to use. There is also a room with a pool table and flat screen TV. I think this place would be a great location for a large group to come to and fish by day and then eat together / play cards and shoot pool while lying about the quantity and quality of fish caught during the day.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

I have stayed here before and it is a wonderful place. If you are into fly fishing then it is an excellent place to go. Red's Flyshop is right there to offer great advice and sell you the flies you need. For the non-fishermen and women, there are plenty of hiking trails, scenic drives, wine tasting tours or just sit in the hot tub and enjoy the view. They picked a perfect location. The wild life can be excellent too.

I am writing though to let you know the quality of the people and management are top notch. Recently, on very short notice, my daughter became very ill and we had to cancel our reservation. Although their policy is that I could reschedule but not get a refund, they were very understanding of the situation and refunded my money. I know, in the future, that I will continue to go here and recommend this place to others.

I highly recommend this place.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Lodge at Canyon River Ranch? Share your experiences!