“Great overnight stay - or even longer” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Ellensburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Great overnight stay - or even longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stopped in Ellensburg for an overnight stay at the Hampton Inn on our way out to Oregon. We were greeted with a smile by the front desk and our check-in was hassle-free. The property overall is modern, clean and well maintained. The room was also very clean and the beds extremely comfortable. Everyone had a great night's sleep which is appreciated when driving all day. The complimentary breakfast was great with hot and cold foods (pastries,waffles,eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruits and cereal). The breakfast room was spacious with one area containing the food and a seperate seating area which had a large flat screen tv tuned in to local news. If I am ever in the area again I will not hesitate to stay at this property.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Ellensburg, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Ellensburg! I am glad you were able to get a great night sleep during a long road trip, it definitely makes the next day of driving much more bearable. Please let us know if you are ever back in the Ellensburg area! We would love the opportunity to host you and your family again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

My fiancé and I spent four days hiking, fishing and biking in the Wenatchee National Forest. She’s not the camping type so we used the Hampton Inn in Ellensburg as our “indoor campsite”. I get the great outdoors, fresh air and the chance to put a line in the water and she gets a clean room, comfy bed, shower and her “can’t live without” hair dryer. Coming back tired from the day’s events it was nice to be greeted by friendly people and not have to worry about a thing. Thanks again, guys. Well done…

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Ellensburg, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Ellensburg for your "indoor campsite"! I hope you found the location to all that Wenatchee National Forest offers very convenient. Please let us know if we can help you in the future. Thank you for your business!
Round Rock, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

My company recently scheduled a “team Building” weekend retreat away from our home office in Seattle over in Ellensburg. They wanted to get us out of our comfort zone. 16 hours of meetings, presentations, team building activities and events isn’t my idea of an exciting weekend getaway but the folks at the Hampton Inn in Ellensburg made the stay as comfortable as possible. The room made for a nice getaway from our company “getaway”. Nothing can make up for a lost weekend but the Hampton staff did their best to make the off hours as nice as possible.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
I am happy to hear your enjoyed your stay with us, even if it was due to "forced" company team building! Please let us know if you are ever back in the Ellensburg area, we would love to have you stay with us again. We appreciate your business.
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We booked or thought we had booked a 10 room block for our basketball team. I called three times and each time was told that the Manager was out but that Mindy would either call back in a bit or I was welcome to call back in in an hour for group reservations. I was assured that there were plenty of rooms available for this particular weekend. At this point I informed the entire team that we were able to get rooms at the Hampton and I would hold them on my credit card. When I finally was able to get ahold of Mindy, later that day she informed me that she had just given out her last block of rooms and that they no longer have rooms available. She told me that I should have left a message?! Good Grief, are you kidding me? I can't believe how inadequate the staff at the Hampton is and I would avoid staying here at all cost. We have stayed at the Best Western and Comfort Inn (both booked that weekend) and both are much better choices. Not impressed Hampton!

Room Tip: Front Desk staff is terrible!
  • Stayed May 2011
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Ellensburg, responded to this review, May 14, 2011
I am so sorry to hear about your inconvenience. I would be happy to discuss this with you further. I can be reached at the hotel at 509-933-1600.

Adrienne Thorpe
Southern Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful. I was a little disapointed that I could not get a room with both a refridgerator/microwave AND a bathtub. It is close to the interstate.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
MDeLozier, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ellensburg, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thank you very much for your response. I do apologize for the Inconvenience during your stay. I have noted your concern and will be taking it to our Corporate office! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

There were pipes that had running water sound all night in the bathroom. It wasn't the toliet. It was behind the walls. At abotu 1am they started banging like an old boiler. I spoke with the guy at the counter in the morning and got no response at all. Not even an "I'm sorry". He just looked at me like, "So?" We didn't change rooms before we went to bed because I arrived long after my mom and she had already unpacked and was in bed. She is moderately hard of hearing so it didn't bother her. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

This hotel is indistinguishable from any other Hampton Inn but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's conveniently located right off the freeway. The rooms are modest size with comfortable beds and nice linens. The pillows probably were due for changing though since they flattened out like a pancake when your head hit them. The pool had way too much chlorine in it and we were itching and scratching for a couple of days later. It does have a couple of noise issues with one being that the doors are so heavy and close so quickly as to slam and make a loud noise when they do. This door slamming goes on repeatedly through the evening until finally everyone is in their room for the night. The other noise issue is that the heater cycles on and off continuously and is loud enough to keep you awake since it's not far from the bed and very loud. That had to be the worst part of this hotel but by design I doubt they could do anything to change it. Hotels that are not built with central heating and cooling have this problem and depending on the type of heating/cooling units in the room it can be irritating. The breakfast is standard fair but no meat on the first night only potatoes and eggs. They busted out the sausage patties the second night. One complaint about how they operate the buffet is that they purposely only put out small quantities of the breads and pastries in what I assume is a way to control people taking too much at one time. What happens though is when the hotel is full like this one was and a lot of people are in the breakfast area, it makes for crowding and waiting because everyone is congregating in one small area waiting for the crew to bring out more food. Even when they bring out the new supply it's not enough to satisfy the demand and you have to wait around even longer. They should put out larger storage containers that can hold more quantity to keep the backups to a minimum. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I would stay at this hotel again because it was reasonably priced, clean, and convenient but only for one or two night stays since I didn't get a real good night's sleep due to the noise.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Ellensburg? Share your experiences!