“Hipsters delight and the right price!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rainbow Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ellensburg
Rainbow Motel
1025 W. University Way, Ellensburg, WA 98926   |
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Ellensburg
“Hipsters delight and the right price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Ok the area has chain hotels and motels but this little place was a fun stay. It is super clean, dated doesnt mean dirty. Had some classic elements of days past like a green padded head board, wicker light fixtures, and midcentury furniture. Great price & clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2012

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

The chain motels right off I-90 were $30 - $40 more a night, so we decided to take a chance on this place. It's an older roadside motel from the days before the Interstate, clean and reasonably well-maintained. Maybe it was TOO clean--there was a powerful cleaning-product smell in the room that never dissipated. The room was small but adequate. The bed was one of the softest and saggiest I've ever slept on. I don't require the Ritz-Carlton, but next time I think I'll shell out a few more bucks for a slightly better room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

I was on another weekend road trip with a friend who made the reservations. He has a thing against lodging chains-I suspect because most of them have rooms that open to a central hallway which prevents him from going outside to smoke easily.

The office was closed when we arrived so my friend walked into the restaurant to find out what was up. He walked out of the restaurant with the cook who made him sign those little cards, he gave us a key and he went straight back in the restaurant. The room was very dated, but tidy. There was good cable TV though. This road way off the interstate but it was okay. I did not have to pay for it so that made it a deal.

If you hate chain motels and need your own entrance to your room and want a Chinese restaurant next door this is the place for you.

• Liked — I did not have to pay for it-my friend did
  • Disliked — Nothing to really dislike, its served its purpose
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Rainbow Motel? Share your experiences!