“Not honest with the price of the fish sale.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 114 Restaurants in Edmonds
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Lynnwood, Washington
“Not honest with the price of the fish sale.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

somebody go to eat fish in this restaurant need to watch out for the price. They are charge over price with side of the fish. We don't know until look the receive. I have friend they have as the same trouble.I hope they need to be honest.

Visited January 2014

seattle
“Subtle and sublime ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I tend to avoid the American version of Chinese food, preferring authentic flavors. But T and T is the best of both. Authentic dishes with really fresh ingredients where you taste the food, not the sauce or specific spices. I have been to places where fare includes fried hummingbird and the menu is not translated, what T T misses in adventure it makes up for in quality.

Seattle, Washington
“Authentic & Affordable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had not gone out for Chinese food for years until some friends of ours took us to T & T. (He's from Hong Kong & she is of Japanese heritage). We often order what they recommended - walnut prawns (yum!); hot & sour soup (my husband's favorite); Singapore noodles (one of my favorites); the long beans (fried w/ pork) to name a few. We always go home with leftovers. They know us and bring us forks!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Port Angeles, Washington
“Mom's birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I and a girlfriend took my Mom out for her 89th birthday. We had gone years before and have always remembered the great service, but above all, the great food! We ordered the Family dinner for four and the best dish on there was Honey Walnut Prawns. I've ordered them in other Chinese restaurants and they make them like snot. Both the prawns and nuts were crisp and tasty with a little bit of glaze on a bed of shredded lettuce. It was better than I remembered it. You know a Chinese restaurant is good when it is packed with mostly Asians. In fact, they were serving Dim Sum which I love, but I didn't think my Mom was up for it. It was so packed, that there was a waiting line of ten tables ahead of us, but it was only about a 10 min. wait. There was so much food left that we got to take a lot home.

My Mom won't have to cook for a few days. Happy Birthday, Mom!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“So-so AMERICAN style Chinese food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Yes, there is a difference between Chinese food and AMERICAN style Chinese food. Hence the need for MSG to accent whatever flavors the cooks are trying to achieve. Real Chinese Cantonese cuisine uses far less sweet, gummy, enhancements. A simple steamed fish plate would be garnished with a little shoyu, sesame seed oil, ginger and scallions. Here at T and T the food is so oily from the hot wok and lathered up with corn starch to thicken up a gravy that you can't even taste the food.

As another reviewer pointed out, the honey walnut prawns are not "prawns" but "shrimp" and not very well done compared to the days when T & T was located back in the Shoreline area in a trailer. And yes, what used to be pretty decent salt and pepper pork chops has become so salty and smashed paper thin that you might as well be licking the salt n pepper shakers.

To be fair, the dim sum in all of Puget Sound sucks compared to the real deal in Richmond, B.C. Canada, Hong Kong and San Francisco. We've given the dim sum here at T & T three tries and the last time, the wife and I ate here and wound up with a bill for $60. I know for a fact it wasn't our bill and complained, but the waitstaff insisted it was. How my wife of all of 100 lbs and myself could had eaten that much here is ridiculous. We've eaten at the over priced Noble Court and the bill never exceeded $35 for two of us, heck, we've eaten at the Noble Court, New Hong Kong, Jade Court, House of Hong, Great Wall and countless other dim sum restaurants (all so-so) and the bill was never over $35. But looking at the all the faces of people waiting like packed sardines at the doorway, we just paid the bill and left vowing NEVER to return.

Folks, if you're looking for authentic Cantonese cooking this isn't it. The owners are from Vietnam and the cooking shows. Originally the New Hong Kong restaurant in the Pacific Rim Shopping Mall in the ID was called the New Kowloon and owned by Chinese proprietors. When it was sold to Vietnamese and renamed the New Hong Kong, the food turned bad instantly. The dim sum at T&T is similar to the dim sum at the New Hong Kong, very basic stuff and poor quality. Nothing sparkles like a true trendy dim sum house offers...hum bow, siew mai, ha gow, steamed spareriblets, bad chow mein....wow...really??? You can order this at to go at the Dim Sum King on Jackson for far less, freshly made and not have to stand in line for 30 minutes. Even Noble Court tries to offer a bit more for the discriminating dim sum palate by offering some deep fried scallop and shrimp balls, some curiously neon glowing squid, deep fried sesame beef and a few steamed dishes. But as I said, dim sum here in all of Puget Sound sucks, so why expect anything much better from a Vietnamese couple trying to bring in some lunch business? The owners were offered this space from the developers that brought in Ranch 99 supermarket a few years ago, in efforts of bringing more people to shop at the strip mall. The trailer T&T used to occupy was super small and ghetto, but moving to this huge space meant cutting lots of corners and finding ways to bring in the masses of people to pay the new lease which I'm sure is ten times what they were paying before the move.

For my birthday dinner we filled an entire 10 person table and ordered a very traditional Cantonese style banquet meal, lobster, duck, whole fish, vegatarian dish, stir fries, soup, shrimp (yeah, it said "prawns") and a couple of other items. The lobster was terrible, rubbery and the usual lobster sauce was awful and for $55, a huge disappointment. The soup which we asked to come out at the beginning of the meal, came out in the middle of the meal instead. The balance of the dinner failed to wow and you would think with a bill almost exceeding $200 that ten people, several with petite appetites, that there would be tons of food leftover? Wrong. Go down to the ID for dinner folks...the parking and traffic is worth it compared to this stuff which you can get at any Safeway deli.

As a side note, be very careful in the restrooms because I slipped on the tile floor which was wet right on my behind one night. If not for my cat like reflexes, I'd be the new owners of this so-so restaurant!

• Visited April 2013