“Great salads & bread to go” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Description: .
Description: .
Seattle, Washington
“Great salads & bread to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

You walk in and you are immediately struck by the wonderful smells. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect from this type of fast food restaurant and have to say I was pleasantly surprised.
The soup and salads are delicious and plentiful. There is too much bread for me on the sandwiches but that's just a matter of preference. What I loved was that you can buy loaves of their delicious bread for your meal later that day. SO GREAT!

Visited January 2013

Seattle, WA
“Good food, but not service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Bright, open restaurant taking a turn at a location where at least two others have tried. This one has booths along with a two-way fireplace for ambiance. One orders at a counter, with the restaurant wisely using large fonts (for the aging populace) and posting calorie counts for that aspect of healthy eating. I didn't look for whether they have nutritional information anywhere, but it was probably hidden somewhere nearby, as it is at many competitors. The seating was comfortable, I expected there to be - but there wasn't - wi-fi, another customer tapping away at his laptop anyway. Some odd modern music played in the background. Our food and drink, with one exception was delivered fairly quickly, though the drink followed the food, which was odd. The food tasted fresh, and they used large bowls for salad with large oval plates underneath everything for giving an even-larger appearance. Not on the posted menu, but they have cups of soup for $1 less than a bowl, but the bowl's the better value. The one problem I had was with a smoothie I ordered. It wasn't delivered, and I went back to the counter 2x to ask for it. The second time, the first three staff walked right by me without notice, the fourth person looked my way, and said something like, oh, the smoothie, but nothing else I then had to ask if it was going to be delivered or what, she said no. The smoothie itself was incredibly bland and small, definitely not worth it.
In summary: bright, open restaurant, with a lot of room. Customer service, however, is somewhat of a foreign concept.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmonds, Washington
“They don't know how to make cinnamon rolls!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We just stopped in for their cinnamon rolls that looked very good! However, they have NO sugar in the filling! It's just plain cinnamon and it tastes awful! They over compensate with too much plastic tasting frosting on it. Obviously the frosting is not made from scratch. The cinnamon roll is served on a cheap plastic plate much like the "Melmac" brand from the 1950's. We won't be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seattle Washington
“Panera has panache!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my second visit inside the Edmonds Panera. My first was positive and my second was even more so. My friend said she'd been to one in Pennsylvania that was identical. How pleased we were when we were told how to save money by ordering a certain way. My friend and I split a turkey panini with triple cheese and then each of us ordered a special lettuce fruit side salad. We picked up our food, sat down then the pleasant manager asked if everything was pleasing. An extra roll had been placed on our plate and she told us we could have a Fuji apple instead. We wanted that so she returned with the apples and left the rolls on our plate.

Our food looked attractive and we savored it all. The salad with strawberries, blueberries, etc. was delicious. The extra roll was especially fresh and flavorable. However, we both agreed we wouldn't order the turkey panini with the triple cheese again. Didn't need all that cheese. The Fuji apple was sweet and crisp. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting at a booth for two that had comfortable cushions. The spacious desert stone atmosphere was a lovely place to linger for lunch. Though busy, it was a quiet, too, because of carpet and sound-proofing ceiling tiles.

If you don't have time to sit down inside, try their popular drive-thru. Sitting next to the window we noted a continuous line of cars and attractive landscaping. I used the drive-thru once and though it's not fast like McDonald's my panini was worth the wait.

Panera is a wonderful choice for efficient service, creative salads and sandwiches in a light-infused pleasing atmosphere with friendly, helpful staff.

Visited August 2012

Been to Panera? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Panera, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.