“Addicted to Dick's” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Seattle Washington
“Addicted to Dick's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

It was hard enough having Dick's on 45th heading to the University of Washington, but now there's another one in Edmonds on my commonly traveled Highway 99 that I need to try to avoid. I can live without their fries. For those I'll stick to McDonalds. But when it comes to a Dick's Deluxe or Dick's Special, it's the hamburger's tasty relish sauce's unique flavor that I often hunger for. My other craving is their Rocky Road Sundae with hot fudge. To avoid temptation, I resort to the freeway so I don't see Dick's.

What a cash cow Dick's is and remember, Dick's takes only cash, not credit cards and encourages you to give your change to charity. They pay their employees well over minimum wage also. Since Edmonds Dick's opened in 2011, I know the McDonald's nearby has had a slump in their business for their parking lot always has plenty of available space.

On the other hand, Dick's parking lot is almost always full of cars yet any line standing at their windows is served quickly. Let's face it, Dick's is a Seattle icon.
I'm addicted to Dick's and others are, too.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle
“The best burgers around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Their fries are horrible, but the burgers are the best In the area for the price. You can have the big Mexican experience at McDonalds down the road if you speak Spanish, but if you are English speaking only, then Dicks is the place to go.

I wouldn't call it redneck at all, but at least you can order in English and actually get what you asked for.

Tasty! And the price is right.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“A mutant cross between McDonald's and In-N-Out...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

It is what it is.

Dick's kind of reminds me of In-N-Out, but not as good in my opinion. Although they have excessive serving speed that superceeds any efficiency I've ever seen...ever. I suppose there's some secret menu here as well, where I have to order my in-house cut fries crispy, otherwise they come out limp. Against everyone's advice, I didn't order the Deluxe burger. Instead, I got the regular cheeseburger and it tastes exactly like the McDonald's cheeseburger.

For fries and the cheeseburger, $3. Good lawrd, that's a steal.

I'm assuming people around here have a lot of nostalgia for this place and it holds a special place in their hearts, something I understand. For me, it's just another cute drive-in/walk-up, standard fare, dirt cheap prices.

I'd definitely swing by this place again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonds, Washington
“Just because it's Dick's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Herfy's gone, Dags gone, Zestos gone, Gordos gone (& it's predecessor Turbulent Turtle- before it went big), but Dick's remains. Sticking to what it does best, cheap food really fast & no messing with the menu. There's something to be said for tradition.
You may have to be a local to appreciate Dick's, but if you are, you probably love it
(eg local love is the only reason for anyone tolerating White Castle). This is not a quality burger place like Red Mill, but for a quick good burger, great fries and wonderful shake, it's hard to beat. And if you put your burger and fries on your dashboard top you get a nice sheen.

Visited January 2012
Edmonds, Washington
“Dick's is old school hamburgers!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

If you like old style burgers at a reasonable price, Dick's is the place.