“They serve Starbucks!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 30 Restaurants in Eastsound
Issaquah, Washington
“They serve Starbucks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We came in here for our morning coffee one day while we were in town. Coffee is excellent, so many great pastries to choose from and friendly staff!

Visited April 2012

Helotes, Texas
“Quintessential coffee house -- quintessential Orcas Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

If you don't like outstanding coffee and pastries, if you like shops that are formulaic, if you hate unique and local, stay away from Teezer's. No Starbucks store makes Starbuck's drinks as well as Teezer's. Teezer's has the best coffee on the island. Don't bring a crowd though--it's not very big. We have been visitors to Orcas for almost a decade. Now we live here. Teezer's is special. If you travel to Orcas Island and don't stop at Teezer's, you've missed out. If Teezer's is closed, Enzo's is okay but has no atmosphere (very sterile).

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bothell, WA
“Always our first and last stop on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I'm extremely picky about my pastries and Teezer's sets the bar high. Whenever I taste a cookie from anywhere else, my partner asks "how does it compare to Teezer's?" Teezer's doesn't have a giant selection. They are a specialty shop and they do pastries, baked goods and coffee very well. Oh, by the way NWRoadie, they've been in business a long time and you can't do that on Orcas if you only cater to tourists.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington
“Return often”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I always get a cookie - chips and nuts - as a treat. I am not a coffee drinker, but I know others who return there often for that.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent house-made baked goods of natural and some organic ingredients”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were on our way to another bakery just two blocks away, but my 4-year-old was already tired of walking and reminding me I'd promised him a treat. Part of enjoying a rare two week vacation on this gem of an island (Orcas) has been me attempting to visit every eatery I can find, so I humored the little guy and bought my coffee and his pastry at Teezer's instead of going on immediately to Rose's.

Proudly serving Starbuck's coffee didn't fill me with hope (I prefer light-medium roasts), but I ordered and received an acceptably good 12 oz latte.

The sign on the wall explaining that all baked goods are made in house and of natural and some organic ingredients (more details on the wall than I'll relate here) did make my mommy-self happy. So did the steady stream of kids, barely old enough to come in alone or in little groups, ordering their various cookies. We must have seen a dozen kids tumble in and out during our brief sojourn at Teezer's, and the kids all left very happy!

My son chose a Palmiers cookie, and he graciously gave Mommy two bites. It was probably the best I've ever had of those flaky, buttery treats, for which I've rated the food a 5*.

Service was only average. Aside from the stream of kids, the place was occupied but not packed. I didn't hear them call out that my coffee was up, and I think it took me several minutes to notice my cup (a recognizable refillable) waiting, and no attempt was made to catch my eye by the only-somewhat-busy person at the counter. Not a big deal or in any way inappropriate, but I've found a lot of really pleasant go-out-of-their-way service on Orcas since I am usually friendly and not impatient, so average stands out a bit for this trip.

Value is very good because everything costs more on an island, but my bill at Teezer's was pretty much what I pay at any espresso place at home.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere