“Very Nice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Trout Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
Old Trout Bed and Breakfast
5272 Orcas Road, Eastsound, Orcas Island, WA 98245   |
Offers & Announcements
Package with Dinner
Ranked #5 of 13 Eastsound B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very Nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The grounds are fantastic. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The Breakfasts are absolutely delicious. A great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Highly Recommend: During our first trip to Orcas Island, my husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Henri & Nicole's B&B - we were delightfully surprised! The location, although not in Eastsound (10 min drive), is easy to find and is near to the ferry (making early morning departure easy). We stayed in the Greenhouse Suite which is a private bedroom located off the dining room area with fun little sunroom overlooking the large pond (flowers and ducklings abound). We were exhausted from our 2 day drive up and the private jacuzzi and very comfortable bed were much appreciated. The room was decent sized - not terribly large, and for a B&B, we felt nicely tucked back from the rest of the house. The shower head was a little short as we are tall, though the exceptional service and wonderful breakfast made up for it. Henri and Nicole were wonderfully attentive and our breakfast was a salmon baked croissant with Brie followed by homemade cream puffs with strawberries fresh from their garden - incroyable!!! We will definitely stay with them upon our return!!

• Stayed June 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a nice place to stay on Orcas Island for our 4th wedding anniversary. I am glad I did my research and stayed at the Old Trout. Henri and NIcole's B&B is amazing and they are such kind and gracious hosts. When stayed at their Water's Edge Cottage, which had a very comfortable queen sized bed, a kitchen and it's own personal hot tub. What more can you ask for in an B&B!!! Nicole is also a world class French chef and the food was out of this world!!!! We had a smoked salmon pastry with cream cheese and green onions and it was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. If you are coming to stay on Orcas Island I highly recommend staying at the Old Trout with Henri and Nicole!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Yacolt, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband and I (along with our best friends) had the pleasure of staying at Henri and Nicole's B&B this past weekend and had the most pleasureable experience. This was only our 2nd time staying at a B&B and I was a little nervous, but their skill overcame any fears I had. They welcome you into their home and offer you unsurpassed food and hospitality that is not found in our modern world. Their presentation in all that they offer you is sincere, experienced and full of manners often forgotten in our modern world. I would recommend their 'private guest suite' for those who want a quiet rendezvous and their large facility for those families wanting a great get together with their children. Love, love, love them both and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Private needs - separate cabin
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Renton, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Henri and Nicole were so wonderful. After a snafu in communication (on my part) about which room I wanted, they ended up giving my fiance and I their most expensive suite for the price of one of the most inexpensive rooms. We received AMAZING service (we are pretty sure Henri is a mind reader), delicious breakfast in our suite, and the most fun we have ever had away from home. The bond was gorgeous (even during the winter), the hot tub was so warm and inviting (but not too warm), and our suite even featured a private sauna (the Pond Suite, if interested in this feature). We enjoyed beautiful views, a very warm, cozy and well-decorated room, and a lot of privacy (we are a young couple, after all). Thank you, Henri and Nicole, for a wonderful visit! =) We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you want a ton of privacy, the Water's Edge cottage is detached and looks very lovely from th...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Friday Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I recently had reason to stay overnight on Orcas Island. Friends suggested the Old Trout Inn. I arrived after dark on the tail end of a week of snow. Hosts Nicole and Henri had a wonderful dinner waiting for me (a special order) and my perfectly quiet room overlooking the pond and grounds was lovely. For background music during dinner (my choice) Henri played some of my favorite opera arias. After a hectic day of work and travel the dinner and music were divine. I typically hate hotel beds for being too soft with cheap synthetic bedding. The four-poster bed in my room had a firm mattress, a toasty down duvet, and rich cotton sheets. Breakfast the next morning was just as good, as was my wintery walk around the gardens and pond. In a past life, Nicole and Henri had French restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area--Nicole's cooking is divine. This is an inn with old world charm (in the best way) inside and out.If you go, don't miss walking the grounds no matter what the weather is doing. Winter in the San Juans is quiet and beautiful without the usual summer crowds. Besides the lovely garden setting, just behind the Inn is a tall snag (dead fir tree) with a very large eagles nest, great for birders. I departed the next day unexpectedly refreshed and happy, looking forward to the next chance to come back. Thank you Henri and Nicole.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

the Inn keepers were wonderful incredible and very gracious , Food was great home cooked from garden and local farms. Beautiful gardens and large pond with fish. Great walking area .Away from town enough to not hear traffic or airplanes.
Henri and Nicole are wonderful keepers clean neat and creative. I look foward in seeing them every year. Have been returning for five years now. They charge less than other places and the home cooked food is far better. We never smelled bad odors always like spring the pond suite was light and airy and well ventilated. We will return in the spring.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Old Trout Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!