“Beautiful spot with fabulous host!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kangaroo House Bed and Breakfast on Orcas Island

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
Kangaroo House Bed and Breakfast on Orcas Island
1459 North Beach Road, Eastsound, Orcas Island, WA 98245   |
Offers & Announcements
$115 per night, 2-nt min
Ranked #1 of 13 Eastsound B&B and Inns
“Beautiful spot with fabulous host!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My dad and I stayed here for one night only and wish we had the chance to stay longer! One of the cleanest and friendliest B&Bs I have been to.

Charles made a delicious, three-course breakfast and gave us plenty of tips for seeing the island. The rooms were well-priced and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We planned our trip to Orcas Island at the last minute. While waiting for the ferry, we were rather desperately searching online for a place to stay. I read about Kangaroo House, saw the great reviews and crossed fingers that they could accommodate 3 adults. Luck was with us!

We arrived in time to drive down the road just a bit to a beach where we watched the most beautiful sunset!! Our room was so cozy and comfortable. So quiet and peaceful. Our room had a little sitting room that we used for playing a game. My husband found the internet worked better in the very comfortable downstairs living room.

We decided to try the hot tub. It's a bit of a walk through the beautiful garden. We donned the provided cozy bathrobes and headed out. It was a chilly evening but the hot tub was really fun. Just the right temperature. It was nice that you can sign up for 45 minute private time slots in the hot tub. (We were the only ones to use it that night.)

Breakfast! It was incredible. Thanks so much to Charles, the perfect host. Great coffee. Fresh squeezed OJ. Delicious and beautiful breakfast.

We hated to leave. 1 night was not enough but we were glad to have that experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Evergreen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

One of the best B & B's we have stayed! The hosts are charming, friendly, and helpful! The breakfasts are healthy and absolutely gourmet delicious! Private hot tub on the property was delightful! We loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Spent 3 nights in the Stellar's Jay suite at the Kangaroo House. We immediately fell in love with the craftsman-style inn with it's large porch, beautiful public rooms and our suite. The Stellar's Jay suite is composed of 3 rooms: entry/sitting area (with lovely stained glass window), king bedroom and private bathroom. There is a refrigerator in the common area for all to use and glassware is provided for tea, coffee, and wine.

Charles was an excellent host and we even got to say hello to Campbell, the resident canine. The breakfasts were fantastic and quite substantial. Fresh, local, organic ingredients - everything was so delicious! The breakfasts usually started with seasonal fruit, then a savory course, then a muffin/tart/fruit crisp.

The Inn was within walking distance of North Beach (a lovely, flat, rocky beach with beautiful views) and the village of Eastsound. You could definitely leave your car at the Inn and walk around.

Orcas is a beautiful island and our stay at the Kangaroo House made it even more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Stellar's Jay is the largest room at the Inn.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a wonderful two-night get-away. Charles made us feel right at home, our room (Nuthatch) was perfect, and the breakfasts were scrumptious. We both loved the location, and Charles was a great tour director for us. I cannot more highly recommend this outstanding accommodation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Kangaroo House. I always do extensive research on where to stay, as that seems to have the most bearing on how much I enjoy my vacation. I mostly travel solo. So, in a nutshell:
Location- IDEAL
Hosts - AMAZING
Rooms & Food - AWESOME
Details: The location in Eastsound has to be the best on the island. You are not far from the ferry and in the center of the island. So either side of Orcas is easily accessible. I drove out to Doe Bay and was so glad I didn't choose to stay there. Mostly families with young children and the drive out was lengthy. Not much else out there. By contrast, Eastsound is a town, with shops and restaurants. Center of town is only a five minute drive from the B&B. Kangaroo House is down a ways from the village, so there is utter peace and quiet (except for a few buzzing planes). You can hear the wind in the trees and be surrounded by green gardens. To sit on the porch and relax is THE way to spend time off! There is a small library in the B&B; also one of my favorite places to hang out. Crammed with books and charming; it was hard to decide whether to read indoors or out!
Hosts & Food: Both Jill and Charles are knowledgeable, friendly, and available to help with any questions. Charles made a lot of great suggestions on which hikes to take and Jill advised me on restaurants in town. Both obviously love what they do and work beautifully as a team. Having B&B hosts like this is essential, if this is your first visit to the Island! The breakfasts every day were absolutely gourmet. They looked and tasted like dishes that should be served to the Queen - varied, organic, full of green things from the garden (even the garnishes and flowers were edible!). I sometimes like to hide in my room when I am traveling by myself and everyone else is in couples (as is usually the case) but Jill and Charles made me feel welcome and comfortable in my solo-ness!
I loved my room with it's enclosed bed and swoopy curtains. Very pirate shippy!
Only suggestion to J&C: Kleenex and moisturizer in room? Thanks for the conditioner!
P.S. The Kitchen was a great place to eat!
P.S.P.S. Be sure to stop by the bakery in town. Amazing sticky buns and pastries!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Nuthatch room on the second floor. Charles was kind enough to haul my suitcase up f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

What a cool place! Jill greeted us when we arrived, immediately making us feel at home. We stayed in the Stellar's Jay, perfect for two couples or mom, dad and kids. Breakfast meals were wonderful with fresh, local fruit, a very nice entree and home baked goods. Jill and Charles are very knowledgeable about activities and hiking spots. They directed us to the right places. The beach is a short walk down the road. We would go back in an instant!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Kangaroo House Bed and Breakfast on Orcas Island? Share your experiences!