I stayed in Adeline's Suites with my husband and 9 month old son. The location was great - we loved having sheep grazing right in front of our porch and feeding the chickens. Shana, the owner, was also very nice and helpful with suggestions on places to eat and walks to take.
The unit was brand new and very clean, which we appreciated. However, there were a few unexpected aspects of the room that disappointed us and prevent me from recommending this as a good place to stay:
* The room was described on their website and over the phone as having one bedroom, but the "bedroom" actually has one wall that is open to the rest of the suite. We were hoping to have a separate room for our baby to sleep in with some noise insulation, but this didn't work out at all.
* We were asked to take all of our garbage home with us. This probably wouldn't have bothered us much except that we had 4 days of stinky diapers by the end.
* The suite shares a wall with another unit and there was absolutely no insulation between the rooms. We could hear every word the family next to us was saying (even down to hearing them clear their throats) and so we were stressed out about our baby didn't keep them up with his crying. We tried jamming a towel under the shared door, which helped a little.
* Also slightly annoying but less important, the curtains didn't fully cover the windows and the coffee pot lid was broken so that it fell off every time I poured coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleeping Sea is sure to deliver a family vacation that everyone will love or a refreshing escape for two to relax away from it all. There is always something explore, learn, and take home from your stay. But better yet, lay back and nod off while listening to the sheep graze outside your door or the water lapping the shores. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sleeping Sea Orcas Island/Eastsound, WA