“This place is magical.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabins on the Point

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
Cabins on the Point
Save Saved
You added Cabins on the Point to your Saves list
2101 Deer Harbor Road, Eastsound, Orcas Island, WA 98245   |
“This place is magical.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We honeymooned at the primrose cabin 18 years ago and have returned for two anniversaries. The location is unlike any other with spectacular sunsets and views of the bay. We kayaked from the beach among seals and starfish. The quaint cabin is full of Jennifer's lovely touches and is as cozy and private as can be. Jennifer made sure we were enjoying ourselves and checked in to tell us about events on the island. Shes a doll and and couldn't have been more hospitable. Special place!

• Stayed August 2012

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I spent four nights at Sunset House for a personal Solitude Retreat. The 170 degree view of the San Juan Islands and the Canadian Coastal Range were only outdone by the amazing visits I had from the wildlife. There were numerous visits from the locals eagles, otters, seals, deer, rabbits, hummingbirds and a very special visit from a mink. He obviously uses the little pond on the property for his fresh water baths. He came up as I was sitting in the front yard. He washed and rolled around on the grass to dry off and couldn't have cared less about me! The house is beautiful and every amenity was there. Jennifer the proprietor has thought of everything. I am already planning on a return visit this October.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bainbridge Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed in the Heather cabin for two nights during the weekend of the "super moon" May 4-6. It was incredible. Jennifer was super sweet and brought fresh flowers cut from her garden when she greeted us. She also took care to see if we were happily settled in for the weekend and shared with us a map of the island, with points of interest and plenty of restaurants and galleries and quaint little shops to visit during our stay. The surroundings are awe inspiring, one of the most beautiful places on earth. We saw so many different animals it felt like we were on the Discovery Channel. Absolutely nothing can beat this gorgeous piece of heaven on earth.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenmore, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed at Sunset House February 2012. We've stayed in vacation rentals and B&Bs all over the northern United States, as well as Canada. This is the nicest one I've ever stayed in, and I'm a picky traveller. It was beautiful, meticulously clean, and the hostess, Jennifer, had thought of just about everything to make our stay comfortable. I felt like I was staying in her personal home and she just happened to be away (it isn't, but it feels that way, everything is so well-appointed and pretty). The weather wasn't the greatest, but we were snug, warm, and comfortable. And, when the sun came out for a short time, we had the most spectacular view of Mt. Baker I've ever seen. I can't wait to stay here again, and I'd move in forever if I could. The hostess was also extremely helpful (by phone, we never met) suggesting things to do, places to eat, etc. I couldn't be happier and hope to stay there again. Oh, and don't bother bringing groceries from home. The island's single grocery store is pretty well stocked, not crowded, and not overly expensive (unlike the grocery in Friday Harbor).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was looking for a relaxing and revitalizing experience set in the comforts of a homey cottage and surrounded by nature. I got all of that and more during my stay at Cabin On The Point! Jennifer, the owner, was an absolute delight! She ensured my cottage--The Heather Cottage-- had every special touch imaginable. Jennifer also provided a wealth of information and recommendations on the best little places to eat, hiking trails, local events, and more.

My 4-night stay flew by! It was an ideal winter get-away! I fully intend to return during the spring/summer season! You'll be thrilled if you stay at Cabin On The Point!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Vacations can not get any better than this, I feel certain. Even when the weather is stormy and frightening as it wakes us up all through two nights, and there happens to be construction going on next door (really, the chances of this are incredibly slim!), my husband and I felt grateful for every minute.

Jennifer is a wonder hostess in every way - kind and generous, with outstanding attention to detail. The cabins are prepared for your arrival and feel as if they have been waiting to welcome you all this time. My husband and I have returned three times over a ten-year period, and have always stayed in Heather cabin. Though each trip has been distinctly different in the ways of weather, daytime activities, etc., we have always been able to trust that, as long as Cabins on the Point it still owned by Jennifer, we have nothing to fear. Each trip has been extraordinary. Though it costs plenty of money, we feel grateful that we have the dollars to spend. Heather Cabin is worth every one.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Staying at the Sunset House on Orcas Island last month was a delight. Over the years, driving to one of the San Juan Islands from Seattle and only staying one long day was frustrating. I always wanted to stay for a week to really get to know an island. I chose Orcas because of the hiking trails at Moran State Park and Turtleback Mountain. Also, Eastsound is the perfect size –not too busy or sleepy. There’s a nice grocery, outstanding bakery, video rental, art shops, galleries, cafes, restaurants, farmers’ market – everything you would need for a week without feeling isolated.

Sunset House was unbelievable. After waiting years to spend a week on Orcas, I had certain criteria: modern clean place with lots of natural light on a cloudy day, comfortable sofa and chairs for reading and curling up with a blanket, comfortable bed, warm floors –not a “rustic” place, modern appliances, and most of all, I wanted to be right smack on the water so we could enjoy a big view from the living areas – not peek-a-boo view.

The Sunset House was all of this and more. When we walked through the front door we were stunned –we couldn’t move—because the water view was right there from all the windows. The view is tremendous and it looks out to Sucia Island, the shipping lanes to the left, and to the Canadian Mountains. In addition, the house sits privately on the end of a beautiful lane. Trees are everywhere. During our stay, deer walked past our windows, 2 eagles flew over the yard, and to top it off, an otter walked across the lawn.

You cannot reach the beach from the property because the house sits on a bluff. Even though I would love to return in the summer to spend hours on the huge deck and to use the fire ring for marshmallows, going there in the winter is wonderful. The clouds over the water were beautiful, the wind blowing through the trees was exciting and… the hiking at Moran and Turtleback was perfect. (Try the four-mile hike around Mountain Lake.)
The Sunset House is close to Eastsound –you can even walk there on a public path.

Jennifer is very helpful with lots of local suggestions and information. Her Sunset House is lovely, and I could see she has put a lot of time, effort and thought into making it very comfortable. We didn’t want to leave!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabins on the Point? Share your experiences!