“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eastsound Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
Eastsound Suites
You added Eastsound Suites to your Saves list
269 Main Street, Eastsound, Orcas Island, WA 98245   |
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Dallas, Texas
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Eastsound Suites for 3 nights in June 2013 for a relaxing getaway and it was better than expected. I don't think the photos on the website do it justice, really. It is a very spacious, comfortable, and well-appointed suite that easily could have accommodated us for an extended stay. And it was very clean. We enjoyed the jetted tub and steam-shower and found the king bed to be very comfortable. It was really convenient to be able to do a load of laundry mid-vacation, too. The views from the patio really couldn't have been much better, and we enjoyed our "happy hour" on the patio with a glass of wine and snacks, watching people walk by. Given that Orcas is so very quiet, it was actually nice to stay so near to the restaurants and businesses of "downtown" Eastsound. The only small nitpick was that one of the shops next door was doing some remodeling and made some noise into the wee hours of the night. However, they were just about finished so I don't expect that will be any kind of issue for long. If our travels ever take us back to Eastsound, I can't imagine staying anywhere else, really. It was just a really comfortable and clean place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I made our first trip to Orcas Island and after careful consideration decided Eastsound Suites was our destination to enjoy this wonderful occasion. The place was exactly what we were looking for. It has a modern feel with all the amenities. It has a great view of the sound and is close to food and shops. We will be staying here again on our return trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I can sum up our stay and the suites in one word...perfection....everything you could possibly need, immaculate, extremely well appointed....If it weren't illegal we would have stayed until physically removed by the authorities. We will be back!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We rented both apartments of Eastsound Suites Dec l - Dec 3. Normally they only rent in multiplies of 2 nights but my husbands adult son was only staying l night and we needed the other apartment for 3 nights, the owner was more than glad to accomadate our needs. We had spent several days at the hospital in Anacortes before coming back to Orcas. This was not for a vacation trip but was absolutely perfect for what we needed. We really didn't need a car until we were ready to go back to Seattle to fly home. Everything was within walking distance. We loved buying gifts and pastries from the bakery downstairs to surprise our patient that wasn't able to get out. We were in awe of all the delightful little restaurants around us. Loved Mia's for breakfast and there was a beautiful bar and grill just down the path across the street for dinner. After all the stress of an operation of a family member...the steam shower and jacuzzi tub was just what we needed! I can't wait to go back for a fun vacation when I can check out all the little shops and restaurants on Main Street! I loved going out on the balcony at night and looking at the Christmas lights on all the little shops! Beautiful!!!Modern updated furnishings with everything one needs!

Room Tip: Great for adult families that need condos! Can rent 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Eastsound Suites are 2 beautifully renovated apartments in the middle of Eastsound. It includes a large bathroom with a 2-person jacuzzi tub, steam shower -- fully tiled. The bedroom has a fireplace - that also connects to the living room - with aa large King Bed. It has the kitchen, living room, and dining area in one large room with windows facing the bay.

The only nitpicking caveats are minor -- the road in front is moderately busy (for Orcas Island) but there is virtually no traffic at night, the 2nd floor suites are over a business (which I didn't hear), I did hear noises from the next apartment but it wasn't extremely loud. The view of the bay is obstructed by the building in front. Other than these minor nitpicks - it was absolutely perfect.

It includes a full kitchen and laundry - plenty of parking. I can't wait to go back agains.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter - there are 2 equal rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I made a reservation for my wife's birthday and we had a fantastic weekend. The suite is located in the heart of Eastsound with great sound views. We walked to a wonderful dinner at Allium and went to the farmers market for snacks and live music. The owners are great, very personable and also very professional as well. I'd highly recommend Eastsound Suites!

• Stayed October 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Me and four other gal pals had the opportunity to visit Orcas Island for the first time. After reviewing various lodging choices and reading Trip Advisor reviews, I chose Eastsound Suites for our group and am I glad that I did. Often times, pictures are deceiving but I have to say that the pictures of these accommodations are spot on and perhaps do not do the property justice. The spaciousness of our suite (we had the 2 bedroom arrangement) was perfect for the five of us. We especially liked having two bathrooms. The living room area and kitchen were equally spacious. The kitchen was well stocked with everything we would need to cook or prepare meals; we women were on vacation so we did not do a lot of cooking but we did enjoy cocktails and appetizers out on the balcony that overlooked Main Street with spectacular views of the bay. The furnishings, decor and artwork were beautiful; we also made use of the two-sided fireplace on chilly evenings. We did not use the steam shower but that was definitely a nice extra as were the plush terry robes. The location is perfect and we walked to restaurants every evening. The bakery down below was a pleasant surprise and we enjoyed fresh-baked, delicious pastries and rolls each morning. Extras like books, VHS tapes, and games were a nice touch. Carrie was a pleasure to work with; answering all my questions and making recommendations for us to enjoy our first trip to the island. I would definitely stay at Eastsound Suites again and would encourage anyone considering this property to do the same!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Eastsound Suites? Share your experiences!