“An Outstanding Experience. Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Salish Seaside Escapes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastsound
The Salish Seaside Escapes
You added The Salish Seaside Escapes to your Saves list
271 Sunset Avenue, PO Box 1273, Eastsound, Orcas Island, WA 98245 (Formerly North Shore Cottages)   |
Gainesville, Florida
“An Outstanding Experience. Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I stayed a little less than a week and also had an opportunity to tour the other cottages.

As one who travels often, I would say that my stay at Northshore Cottages was among the highlights. The only place that would compare is the Biltmore Inn.

The cottages are simply outstanding. Each cottage has a unique theme, and each is cosmetically and structurally amazing. The artwork alone is captivating.

I found the service to be top-notch. The atmosphere inside was quiet and cozy. The outside view breathtaking. I had everything I needed and more. And I was treated with kindness and class.

All told: I've made plans to stay again. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oakland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Our family of 5, two adults, two teens and a pre-teen, undertook a 6400 mile journey-by-car this summer, the absolute highlight of which was our three-night-stay at North Shore Cottages' Screech Owl Swoop. The proprietors welcomed us after our late-evening ferry arrival, and made us feel welcome to our private, upper-floor cottage with a view. The breeze blowing through the nautical porthole, the wide fieldstone hearth and many decorative light fixtures made the cottage glow with welcome. The leather furnishings in the sitting area called us in to relax after our journey, and the amazing 4 1/2 foot high bed in the private bedroom made the adult's stay both romantic and fun. Everything was well maintained and clean, with great attention to every detail of convenience and comfort. Our family had plenty of space to stretch out and relax. From our cottage we enjoyed walks along the beach, visits from deer, easy access to sightseeing, whale-watching and dining on the island. Especially fun, though, were the interior details of the recently remodeled cottage decor, including stained glass interior doors, original artwork, antiques and bric-a-brac, a truly fantastic jacuzzi, and the special joy of watching the eagles soar above the canopy of cedar boughs over our deck. Priceless! If you want a beautiful, comfortable and truly unique experience, you couldn't do any better.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I am frustrated that this is the third time I am writing this review, and someone keeps removing it from the site. So, whoever you are, please stop sabataging this group of cottages, which are excellent and beautiful!
I stayed at Orca Watch in June, and it was a wonderful stay. The surroundings are beautiful, with wildlife, trees, a view of the ocean, and a trail leading to a nearby outdoor sauna. The cottage came with its own outdoor hot tub too. Inside, it was appointed like the inside of a ship with antiques and a huge tv in the sitting room. The bedroom is European style and reminds of the inside of a luxury cruise cabin, complete with portholes. If you love seals, you would love it here, as the seals love to come and play at this cottage. Definitely worth the stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

After seeing the North Shore Cottages on the web, I was really looking forward to my stay to celebrate an anniversary. When we first arrived, we were really impressed by the property itself. It was like a garden paradise, almost tropical. All the cottages were architecturally very interesting. The proprietor whisked us through the property and amenities at top speed. She was nice enough though. But when we settled into our cottage, Orca Watch, we started to realize we were surrounded in filth. It took a little while for the smells to come out. The towels were mildewed. Our bedroom smelled like urine. When we used the oven, a horrendous stench emanated from the stove. I don't even have a guess as to the source of that smell. Now, dogs are allowed in this cottage but I've stayed in dozens of places that allow dogs and I've never experienced anything like this. Anyway, the cost of the room would have been worth it if the place were clean and sanitary but at the steep price of $255/night, not so much. When we got home, I wrote the proprietor an e-mail informing her of our experience in the off chance she was unaware of the situation, but she didn't even bother with a response. So, I'm guessing it probably won't change. It's too bad because there is huge potential.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Salish Seaside Escapes? Share your experiences!