“Experienced local” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Eastsound
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: 26 and 12 Passenger Orca Whale and Wildlife Trips.Our Small Fast Boats get you up-close and personal with the regions famous Orca Whales! We see whales on about 95% of our tours! You can add fishing or kayaking to one of our tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Seattle,
23 attraction reviews
“Experienced local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have spent time in the San Juans for over 50 years. I have gone whale watching and seen them in local waters. I had a guest from CA so we boarded easily on Orcas Island to experience being on the water and seeing wild life. We did! The crew knew exactly where we needed to go to see orcas. Our boat held about 20 people and was confortable inside and out. We moved fast to get to the whales and the most thrilling thing for me was to see a 2 month old calf following its mother very closely. A new experience for me. Guides were knowledgeable and I learned things I did not know. Worth it for sure. There are big windows inside this newish boat and they open if the weather is iffy.

Visited May 2014

Spokane, Washington
6 attraction reviews
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I along with another couple went on the 3 hours kayak tour to Doughty Point. Our guide Chris was very nice, professional, and knowledgeable. We learned a lot about marine life and the local culture from him. We will use this tour company again. We highly recommend this company and would recommend this kayak adventure too.

Kneeland, California
“great kayaks and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

great kayaks, great service, helpful guides, beautiful spot for kayaking, awesome whale watching trip with a bonaparte gull migration spectacle

Visited April 2014
“AWESOME trip! Great Crew, LOTS of Orcas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I went out on the whale watch cruise from Orcas Island. It was hands down the best idea we had! This company was great, casual, witty and fun. They divided up the groups according to best ft for the boats, we ended up on a small boat, which was fantastic. The captain gave us lots of insight on the habits of our local Orca's versus the transients, showed us some Sea Lions, eagles, deer, around the san juans. Then we got to the Orca's, we spent over an hour with them, watching. It was absolutely stunning, they were near enough to see and hear, not just the splash on the horizon. I was able to capture awesome pictures, and it felt like such a personalized trip. Worth the time, worth the money. We'll be coming back again. We'll also want to use their water-taxi service, they'll take you out to the other islands that are state parks the ferries don't go. A+ for this company! Ill never go another route.

8 attraction reviews
“Loved every second!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The staff and boat were both top notch. We could tell that the staff really cared about the animals and loved their jobs. We got lucky with perfect weather and animal sightings. Orcas, stellar sea lions, harbor seals, bald eagles, and dalls porpoise. Love!