The Outlook Inn is sort of like the Tale of Two Cities. Fortunately, we stayed in the best of rooms, and I could not have asked for much more. The hotel seems to be split into two sections- an older one with more standard rooms, including some with shared showers, and the newer one with suites that are more recently constructed. We stayed in the latter, and it made all the difference. Our unit were large and tastefully decorated, with a fridge and microwave, TV (didn't use) and small balcony overlooking a Beautiful unobstructed view of the water (we were on the second floor, and that added to the view.) There was a large bathroom with beautiful tub and a separate enhanced shower, extremely comfortable king size bed, and fold out couch in a sitting area.
The hotel is located right within walking distance of the small shops in Eastsound, which is a very quaint area. Short ride to Mt. Constitution for beautiful views at the top. The staff gets big kudos for being accommodating and flexible. There was a mix up with my reservation, and they had me down for two rooms instead of one. There's a good chance I was the one at fault, and had missed cancelling one of the days when I changed the dates of our trip. Nevertheless, they did not charge me for the additional room. I think that is a big deal, and reflects the kind of approach I would personally like to do business with again.
Unfortunately, the restaurant was not open, as I was there on a Wed. But it has a lovely view, and I understand the food is awesome. Perhaps next time.
We had our teenage daughter with us, which worked out well (she loved the tub.) But I sort of wish I was alone with my wife- a perfect romantic retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The islands oldest family run 40 room hotel in the heart of Eastsound on Orcas Island. Three distinct styles of rooms from luxury to economy, all just steps from boutiques, galleries, and the restaurants. On site restaurant the New Leaf Cafe and Lounge features seafood and incredible cocktails with a water view. Banquet facilities and off site catering to help you mark the special occasions of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Outlook Inn on Orcas Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outlook Inn On Orcas Island Hotel Eastsound
- Outlook Hotel Eastsound
- Outlook Inn Orcas Island
- Outlook Hotel On Orcas Island
- Outlook Inn On Orcas Island Eastsound, WA