My friend and I visited Orcas Island from NYC as a quiet little getaway for some r&r. It was one of the best experiences we've had in a while. Having never been to the San Juan Islands before, we did a lot of research on things to do and places to stay. We chose Orcas Island for its tranquility and serenity. While most tourists stay in Friday Harbor as it's the most populated and has the most activities, we just walked onto the ferry one morning and spent the afternoon there. And, that sufficed!
Staying at Outlook Inn was the exact r&r that we needed. We reserved the European room with the shared baths. While I was typically skeptical of this, it was such a pleasant expereince as the bathrooms were never dirty. And, there was never a wait. Our rooms were quiet and clean. What a great deal! The staff were tremendously helpful from making recommendations to serving us drinks at Happy Hour at the New Leaf Cafe! We befriended one of the staff members from the restaurant and had a lovely chat with her about growing up on the islands - such a sweet, sweet experience.
The location cannot be beat with the restaurants, cafes, bakeries, yoga studio, supermarket all within a 2 block walk. SInce it is on the main street, it is also a very convenient location to get to Mt. Constitution, Turtle Mountain, the ferry, etc. It was by far one of my best experiences.
Thank you, Outlook Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The islands oldest family run 40 room hotel in the heart of Eastsound on Orcas Island. Three distinct styles of rooms from luxury to economy, all just steps from boutiques, galleries, and the restaurants. On site restaurant the New Leaf Cafe and Lounge features seafood and incredible cocktails with a water view. Banquet facilities and off site catering to help you mark the special occasions of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Outlook Inn on Orcas Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outlook Inn On Orcas Island Hotel Eastsound
- Outlook Hotel Eastsound
- Outlook Inn Orcas Island
- Outlook Hotel On Orcas Island
- Outlook Inn On Orcas Island Eastsound, WA