“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Eastsound
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

Simply the best dining on Orcas island and one of the best of the northwest. Fresh everything. Comfortable and delicious. Have stayed at the adjoining Outlook Inn a couple of times and always make a point to eat a New Leaf.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
vancouver
“Recommended with a wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

We recently visited Orcas and asked a local for a good place for brunch. The New Leaf was recommended. We checked around and liked the location and the menu looked good so we tried it. On the way in we saw two ladies had ordered what looked like an amazing seafood omelet so i ordered that while my wife ordered their brioche French toast with special whipped cream and fresh fruit.
Well all I can say is WoW! We could not believe how excellent the omelet was...rock shrimp, crab, and shell fish with melted gruyere and light sauce fused together to make what I considered an award winning egg dish worthy of coming back on island just for a repeat...first wow! My wifes brioche French toast was equally amazing...she said it was the best Ft she's ever had in part because they make their own brioche toast, use organic eggs, a heavier sweet whipped cream with just a hint cardamon that balance with the fresh berries and maple syrup...second wow! Third wow...the Americano...not something finer dining place would get right on a Sunday morning...but it was a perfect intensely enfaced hit of coffee roastedness with all the over burnt extractions that make the morning hit a disappointing.
In short we received 3 for 3 excellent items which was not expected. I'm not trying to set up big expectations for anyones elses visit and don't go because your expecting to be wowed as our wow may not match what you might define as a wow. All I can say is we received 3 excellently prepared items and that can only happen if qc standards are high and attention to details are maintained. From what we experienced it was a right on wow, as I said to the waiter,...that was an award winning omelet...well done! We will be back!

Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010 via mobile

Excellent food

Portland, Oregon
“Absolutely fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I totally agree with the review below about the 'once ordinary' New Leaf turning a new leaf. I have been to Orcas many times and have eaten at the New Leaf in the past, but this time ... wow. What a pleasantly wonderful surprise. I ate both breakfast and dinner here on a recent trip with my wife and kids and this place was superb, it is now easily our favorite dining choice on the island. Fresh and delicious food, friendly and competent service, and just a great energy to the whole place. Highlights for breakfast were the eggs benedict, the french toast with cardamom whipped cream, and a straight up old school monte cristo with powdered sugar and jam!! Nothing exotic or fancy here, just good familiar food done very very well - hugely satisfying. Highlights for dinner were my daughter's sliders with melted gruyere and grilled onions (if i could i'd eat these everyday) and my wife's king salmon with a pear ginger glaze on a bed of red quinoa. We will definitely be back!

Seattle
“Great for breakfast, but would skip the dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

We had several great breakfasts here; the vegetarian omelette is wonderful. A crab cake appetizer was good, but the balsamic vinaigrette on my salad was extremely acidic and harsh. For my entree, II asked for fish cooked medium well and received translucent halibut. After sending it back, it cam back still undercooked for me so I switched entrees with my husband. I did not care for the sauce on his salmon so the whole dinner (pretty expensive) was disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere