We stayed two nights in a Harborside Hearth Suite, it's a 1BR/2BA/2 decks unit for four people. The rate was ~$300 per night incl tax with a minimum two nights stay.
- The setting in Rosario Bay is stunning, the views from the deck were amazing.
- It's calm, serene and beautiful.
- Everything in the room was functional.
- The room is at least 10 years overdue for a renovation. While the rooms had new furniture, the carpets, kitchen and bathrooms looked like they were 20-30 years old.
- Both patios had not been cleaned in weeks, lots of leaves.
- The patios did not have tables or outdoor lights, only four plastic chairs with a plastic ottoman between both patios. The chairs had not been cleaned in weeks either.
- We burned a log in the fireplace in the first night (they provide a log for guests) but room service did not clean out the ashes the next day.
The whole resort simply looks like it needs to be renovated. This includes the rooms, the common areas of the lodging building (looked more like a motel than a fancy resort) and the common areas of the resort (such as pathways etc). A big exception were the outdoor pools: Both in great condition and clean. The indoor hot tub was nice, too.
Dining - Mansion Restaurant:
We had dinner reservations for four for 7:30pm on a Sunday in the Mansion Restaurant. We were promptly seated and had a gorgeous view of the bay from our table. 30 minutes after our orders were taken, we were told that the Filet Mignon was out. Since they were also out of the tuna, this meant that two of their 8 entrees were not available. The waitress stated it's a small island. While that is true and while planning errors happen, it is not ok to take 30min after taking orders to discover that something is unavailable.
My cabernet came out at room temperature, my mom's pinot came at cellar temp. The appetizers showed up 45 min after we ordered them; the waitress did not acknowledge the long delay nor provide an apology. She did not check in with us during this long wait either. After another 30min of wait (i.e. a total of 75 minutes wait time), our entrees were brought out. Again, without acknowledging how long it had taken. The salmon was missing on my mom's dish at which point we asked for this to be fixed quickly as it's already been 75 minutes. She said she would comp the meal and promptly brought out the salmon which we appreciated. Our dishes were:
- Pesto pasta with chicken ($21): was yummy but there was no pesto.
- The hamburger ($16) was ok.
- The couscous with salmon ($22) was great.
- The pork chop with gnocchi ($29) was not good, meat was pink inside and the gnocchi were stale & dry.
Our waitress came back simply to ask "does it taste good?" Again, she did not acknowledge that the food was late and their miss with the salmon. She did not offer me nor my mom another glass of wine when both of our glasses were clearly empty.
After finishing the food we were not offered desserts nor another drink. When we asked for the bill she had already printed it out with her (confirming that she was not going to offer desserts or more drinks). She again did not apologize for the excessive wait time or for the food mishaps. She did not even ask if we had a good meal nor if we needed anything else. She just didn't care.
Short menu and only partially available, very long wait, and non-caring service. Food itself was ok but nowhere near what you expect based on their reputation, setting or pricing. The views were amazing.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.