“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Ninth St NE, East Wenatchee, WA 98802   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Wenatchee
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We had to move out of our place in one day. The staff at cedars inn was so friendly and help us out a lot. My husband myself and our 3 year old and 7 month old lived there for a month. I would recommend cedars to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am amazed at horrible and rude the customer service is at Cedars Inn in East Wenatchee, WA. I attempted to book a reservation online and when editing it the website crashed, I assumed they were having problems so I moved on and found another hotel. The weekend of my scheduled trip I noticed I had an email confirming my reservation, so I called and talked to Cassandra and asked for it to be cancelled, and she refused to cancel my reservation even though I told her I had booked a hotel in a town closer to where I was needing to be and that I had never completed my reservation online, she told me I couldn’t cancel and that was that. So Monday I called and asked to talk to Eva Torres who I was told was unavailable, the person I did get to talk to was named Juan and I asked if he could help me with an issue I had over the weekend, he said yes. I told Juan the same story and he said at this time his computers were “DOWN” (hmm website crashes, their computers are down, I see a pattern here) but that as soon as they came up he would look it up and credit my account, this was Monday August 26th. Tuesday August 27th I get a call from Eva Torres stating the Juan has no authority to credit my account and that she can do nothing as I booked thru a 3rd party on their website. I informed her that I did not budget for this charge so it was going to impact me personally, she basically said “OH WELL”. End result was the charge going thru ended up causing over drafts on my bank account due to auto payments for utilities, no care or concern from her what so ever. It is my understanding that they were completely sold out for August 24th, the night of my reservation I tried to cancel, so the question comes up, isn’t that “double dipping”, they charge me and then they sell my room and get additional money. I hope that this never happens to another customer, this is just poor business practice on their part.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these East Wenatchee hotels

Tonasket, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Convenient to shopping (Costco,bi-mart, Fred Meyers) for those of us that live out in the country three hrs away. Always clean and friendly and a real hot breakfast. Away from the noise and bustle of Wenatchee itself. Price has always been good.

Room Tip: Stay on the east side away from noise of the traffic lite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sara Eva B, General Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Jan S,
Thank you for taking your time to post a review about your stay here at the Cedars Inn, on Trip Advisor.
We also very much appreciate your room tip for future guests, that’s always very helpful to others.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return whenever you come through the area.
Kind regards,
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

First thing you need to know about me - I'm not a nit-picker and I'm easy to please.

The Cedars Inn Hotel is a decent place. For the most part, I would consider it an average place to stay for the price. There are some aspects that are very good and a few minor points that dip below average.

Okay, first the best parts! The staff seems friendly and helpful - no issues there at all. The swimming pool and hot tub are very nice. The beds are excellent - very comfortable!

The average.....the breakfast (maybe a tick below average), the decor, the rooms, the general "vibe and feel" of the establishment. You get the sense they could spend a few dollars on spiffing things up a bit. The room bathrooms are right out of the 80's. No big deal at all for me, but I think the ladies might like just a bit more.

Not so good.....I saw a lot of dirty carpet in the common areas as well as small amounts of garbage (papers, wrappers, etc) that probably should get picked up on a regular basis, but isn't.

Okay, so the bottom line for me is this: If you're the kind of traveler who's not fussy and picky (or a neat freak), then you'll be perfectly happy here. I felt the value, overall, was reasonable. If you have kids along for the ride, you will be pleased with the pool and hot tub.

I would stay here again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear OneBadCowboy,
Thank you for your detailed review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Cedars Inn, we appreciate your feedback.
Glad to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful, we certainly strive to excel in delivering exceptional customer service to all of our guests. As far as the rooms, we are currently in the process of upgrading our rooms. I did share your review with our maintenance department regarding the other issues.
Overall I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would return back to the Cedars Inn. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Thank you and have a great day!
Dallas, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We returned to Cedars Inn for another stay and we still got the same great service as we are use to there.
The breakfast was great and our room was very clean with no complaints.
There was a mix up with part of the reservation but the manager was very quick to get things changed and we couldn't have complained for the good service. We will continue to recommend this place to others. We were here to visit a sick relative, so was nice to have such a good experience.

Room Tip: Downstairs is good for disabled people such as myself because we can park right outside our door.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bailee2012,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Cedars Inn, on Trip Advisor.
I am certainly happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and for your repeated business. I may also agree with you about breakfast, we do provide a wide variety of different choices (hot & cold) for our guests.
Thank you, we definitely appreciate the recommendation to your friends and family, and are very pleased that you had such a good experience with us.
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed there 4 days and had a wonderful stay. The room was very clean and comfortable. I usually have trouble with beds but here it was very comfortable and I got good sleep. Being next to the highway I was worried about noise but the room was very quiet. The staff were friendly and very helpful. One thing I did like was the option of having service--sheets change, etc--which I think more hotels should offer. I also felt it was a good location and close to the developed walk along the Columbia River. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mickey M,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor regarding the Cedars Inn. Your comments sure put smiles on all of our faces. It definitely raises our spirits that we are in fact doing a wonderful job. We hope to see you again, on your next trip to the Valley. We appreciate and value your business!
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife, me and a couple of friends were on a motorcycle ride over the north cascade hwy. I had booked a couple of rooms at this hotel. First they switched our reservations with our friends, which turned out to be no big deal. But the air conditioner didn't work. We had to go down and get a couple of fans. Second the clerk told us that they could move us to another room, but that someone had taken a shower in that room and they needed to clean it. We chose to stay in our original room, but noticed that the shower and bathroom hadn't been cleaned.
We requested two non smoking rooms and our friends room smelt of smoke. Over a very poor experience and I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear JeffSerrano,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor, regarding your stay with us at the Cedars Inn.
Second, I would like to sincerely apologize to you regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry that there was a confusion with your reservation when you arrived. I shared your review with our front desk, and housekeeping staff regarding what had occurred. Your feedback is very important to us, for it helps us to ensure that situations like this are handled in a different and correct manner.
I hope that you would give us another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service and accommodations. I would also like the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay.
Eva Torres

Been to Cedars Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!