“A nice hotel.” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Ninth St NE, East Wenatchee, WA 98802   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in East Wenatchee
“A nice hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We got a room on the ground level so we had a sliding glass door. That was nice to have so we didn't have to go thrugh the lobby with our bags. The beds where very comfy and clean. We wanted some water but the vending machine on the ground level was out. Had to go up to the third floor for water. Not that bad. I didn't like that the hot tub was out side. The pool was nice and had windows all around it. Breakfast was very nice. Waffles came out of the iron easily. Hot eggs and sausage. The toaster didn't work all that great. Orange juice tasted bad. I do recommend the ice cold milk. This hotel I do recommend.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sara Eva B, Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Good morning Jer456!
Having a ground floor unit definitely has its perks. I am glad that you enjoyed our beds; I’d also have to agree with you that our beds are indeed “very comfy”. Our housekeeping staff does a wonderful job keeping the rooms nice and clean. Happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool! As far as the hot tub goes I've been told the same thing by other guest, but also have been told that they love the fact that its outdoors especially in the winter. Carrie our breakfast attendant does a magnificent job providing our guest with a great breakfast. The orange juice is actually and orange guava juice, it’s different but many people do like it. Jer456 thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay, I always enjoy hearing how we have made our guest(s) stay here at the Cedars Inn. We look forward to seeing you again ~ Eva Torres Property Manager

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chorley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Seattle after a long vacation in Canada. We arrived late afternoon after a long drive from Castlegar in British Columbia and found the hotel to be very clean and hospitable.
Our room looked like it could do with an update but it was clean and big enough for our family and the beds were comfortable. Considering we were on the ground floor and next to a main road the sound proofing was great.
The only downside to the hotel was the pool. We decided to take the children for a swim before going to dinner – what a mistake this was. The water in the pool looked murky and had a faint stale odour. It was bad enough that within 10 minutes we got out and made sure we all showered thoroughly back at the room.
My wife did raise this with reception and they said they would do something about it. We left the next morning and didn’t investigate but the bottom line is the pool should not be allowed to get to this state. The hot tub outside was similar and had a distinct smell of body odour.
Breakfast on the morning we left was plentiful and of good quality and variety although being a large hotel it was very busy with guests (like us) struggling to get a table.

• Stayed September 2012
Sara Eva B, Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our super comfy beds.
About the pool, Mr.Worldscapetravel, I have looked into it and the chemicals in the pool were fine. However, during times when the pool is extremely busy, it can become a little cloudy due to lotions, soap, makeup, and other personal care products that our swimmers use. The best way to eliminate that would be to have our guest shower and or rinse off before entering the pool. Yet we wouldn’t be able to enforce that policy. We maintain the pool every evening after the pool is closed. As far as the odor, we never did detect it when maintenance was in the pool room addressing your concerns.
I may agree with you about our breakfast. I think our breakfast allows our guests to choose from a variety of different choices. When it does become very busy in the breakfast area, we also open our red room for guest to sit and enjoy their breakfast, which can accommodate up to 50 people.
Again, Mr. Worldscapetravel, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Cedars Inn and I hope that we will get to see you and your family again in the future. ~Eva Torres Property Manager
Camas, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

my wife and I stayed here over labor day weekend when we went to the Gorge Amphitheater for the Dave Matthews Band weekend. the room was nice, clean and comfortable. the hallway smelled a bit like cigarette smoke but I was happy the room did not. the breakfast was amazing. for the price, this is a great place. :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sara Eva B, Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Kdburch
I sure hope that you enjoyed yourselves at the Dave Matthews concert; I heard it was a great time. We do have smoking rooms that are located on the third floor. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Cedars Inn, we also appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you and your wife again. Eva Torres-Property Manager
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Yes it’s not the newest hotel in town and the tub may have a few dings but the beds were comfortable and I really liked the log themed furniture and you can’t beat the breakfast in my opinion. Biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, Belgium waffles, assorted cereals and juices just to name the highlights. The only small thing we were kind of surprised with is that the parking lot does get full. We went up to Lake Chelan and didn’t get back until around 2:30am and had to fit into the very last space available which wasn’t a full size space and was a little tricky to get into. All and all especially for the price we thought it was a great value and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you CheerMom602, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us besides a minor parking issue, but to who was driving obviously did a great job squeezing in. I’d also like to think that we do provide a wonderful breakfast for our guest. We look forward to having you and your family again! Eva Torres-Property Manager
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at the Cedars Inn in East Wenatchee. Great location...walking bridge across the Columbia river right out the front door - mall 2 blocks walking distance - catch the trolly to go across the river to another shopping area or downtown. Nice indoor swimming pool - jacuzzi was outdoors and didn't appear to be working. Nice hot breakfast every morning, coffee all day and fresh baked cookies every evening. Best part was the hotel was very pet friendly! I probably saw close to a dozen guests with their pets large and small. All pet owners seem to be responsible as there is a nice grassy area in the front of the hotel and no "pet surprises" left on the grass. Very friendly front staff. Hotel was quiet even though it was full. Will definately stay there again on any return visits.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bobijo4
I would also have to agree with you, we are in a great location. You couldn’t have put it into better words, thank you for your detailed description. We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area. Eva Torres-Property Manager
Fairbanks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

It was getting kinda late and we had been driving for 5 hours. Just happen to stumble upon this "oasis-in-the-middle-of-nowhere"!! For the price, it's really an excellent place to stay. The a/c wasn't too loud, the staff was super friendly, and the free breakfast was very filling and appreciated! And oh yea, the beds, they were sooooooooo comfy!! I'd highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review Deborah, we're certainly glad that you stumbled across the Cedars Inn. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet and our wonderful beds. We look forward to seeing you again when you decide to come back through Wenatchee.
Eva Torres ~Property Manager
Kennewick, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying here every once in a while over the past few years. Usually the rate is about $70 a night, I know what to expect and it's nothing fancy. The rooms are always musty and desperately need an upgrade. We stayed there on Saturday at the rate of $95, which I wasn't thrilled about but I could not get an explanation of why it was $25 more than previous times and why our friend who was also staying there got a rate of $70. Our room had a huge leak above the toilet from the toilet on the next floor. Completely disgusting; I didn't bother calling for a new room since it was 11:30 when I noticed and I was heading to bed. When I brought it up at the front desk we got an apology and they said maintenance would take care of it which is great for the next person but not so awesome for us since we had to put a towel on our heads in the morning while using the restroom. I'm not impressed with the customer service from the receptionist or the manager and we will not be back.

• Stayed August 2012
jenno_2010
Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience that occurred during your stay with us at the Cedars Inn. Regarding the leak in the bathroom we certainly do our very best to resolve anything that is brought to our attention at any time. Be assured that maintenance addressed the problem when you had told us about it at check out and it was resolved immediately. As far as the rates, they fluctuate whether or not it’s a holiday, weekend, special event and or time of the year. We have several different rates throughout the year. Again, we are truly sorry that you left our property disappointed. We do hope that you will reconsider and give us the opportunity to deliver the pleasant experience that you deserve! Eva Torres- Property Manager

Been to Cedars Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!