“Nice basic place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Cedars Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Cedars Inn Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Ninth St NE, East Wenatchee, WA 98802   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Wenatchee
“Nice basic place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This hotel is the "approved" hotel in the Wenatchee area for my work, and I have stayed here on business before. Recently however, my wife and I stayed for a week while on vacation and The Cedars made a perfect home base from which to visit nearby places. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and it was quiet even though it sits close to the road. We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub!

I have found that The Cedars is a terrific place to stay whether on business or vacation!

• Stayed June 2012
gina_muller, General Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
HI W.J. Reeds,

Thank you for your positive response. I am happy to know that you stay with us while on business and also, on vacation. We truly appreciate your business!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hollister, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed at Cedars Inn for 1 week in May, 2012. I found it to be well located, (right by one of the bridges into Wenatchee) for my purposes. The staff was very nice (especially Brianna....what a sweetheart). My room was clean and appointed with a comfortable bed, chair with ottoman, desk, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and nice TV with remote. It also had a nice balcony which overlooked the Columbia river. I sat out each morning and drank my coffee, The bathroom was OK. There is an indoor pool and hot tub. But here's more of the bargain! There is an awesome breakfast! Not your usual continental breakfast!!! There were 4 types of cereal and packages for hot oatmeal, yogurt, all kinds of differrent breads, bagels, biscuits with butter and jam choices which included apple butter (cool for the apple capital of the world!!) There was also waffle machines with syrup and scrambled eggs and delicious sausage patties! Coffee and tea 24 hours too AND hot soft chocolate chip cookies in the evening! I would not hesitate to return, and will next time I'm in town. I used an AARP rate. OK, this isn't the Hilton but you won't pay close to those prices either! It's clean, friendly and a great value for the money spent!! My only critisim would be that the walls are fairly thin and housekeeping was a not good at replacing linens and coffee etc for the coffee maker. But when I asked for the wash cloths from the front desk after I found them not replaced, they were cheerfully brought to me. Also there were no handicapped parking places near the front door which was very inconvenient for me.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my balcony room. It's a bit away from the rest of the hotel BUT you should be prepare...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
gina_muller, General Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Hi 49erLover.....Thank you for your comments. It sounds like overall you did really enjoy your stay at the Cedars Inn. I apologize for the linens & coffee not being replinised, it sounds like that might be a little training issue. I will make sure the front desk agents mention to guests that they have a few stairs to cimb when staying in the balcony rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, it is quite delicious and we receive lots of compliments on it. We hope to see you the next time you are in East Wenatchee!!!
Snohomish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This hotel was a very good value. We had new carpet and new furniture in our room, a great complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. The location was a little inconvenient, but we'll go out of our way to stay at the hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor so car lights don't shine into your room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sara Eva B, Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
David,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Wenatchee.
Have a wonderful day

Eva Torres
Property Manager
Riverside, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My mother ,a friend and i stayed at your hotel on 4/25/12.The staff that checked us in was great . But the women named Eva really was the best . I also work in customer service . But she had an issue with one of your other costomers staying at the hotel and handled him with a smile he just wouldn't stop buggin her . All she did was try to calm him down and smile . After he left ( to return) a couple of minutes later to bother other folks staying there . She still was handling him with a smile , i give her a big Kudo's and GREAT customer service award !!! I will stay at your hotel anytime im in Wenatchee . They also offer a frequent stay card to earn a free stay . Also the breakfast of make your own waffles are great also .Nice choice for breakfast not just cereal . Even sausage , with scrambled eggs ,Bisquits and gravy .Thank you for the wonderful night stay ! Susan From Omak Washington

Room Tip: Any room i have recieved at this hotels was equaily nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hi Susan M.....Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay at the Cedars Inn. Yes, Eva the Property Manager is great along with the rest of the staff. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, it is quite delicious! and the punch cards that earn you a free night's stay are a little added bonus We hope to see you the next time you are in East Wenatchee!
Bremerton, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Our team stayed here March 30-31, 2012. I will give you the good news first~~ The kids loved the indoor pool!! The breakfast choices were good!! The check in was fast!! But......The walls are PAPER THIN!!!! At 2 a.m. I called and asked the front desk to call the police. I honestly thought I was going to hear a woman be beat up or, even worse, that night. They came, (because I could hear that conversation, also.) You can guess what I heard for the next two hours, and the "shower afterwards." Not a place to get a good night's sleep~~unless you bring earplugs!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
gina_muller, General Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Hi Gramsof1.....I am glad that you decided to stay at the Cedars Inn after finding out La Quinta was full. It sound like you had a great guest experience and you really enjoyed your accommodations. Our guest rooms are very comfortable and yes, the hote breakfast buffet is absolutely scrumptious. We have a great staff there and that take pride in their jobs an the hotel. Thank you for taking time to comment in Trip Advisor. We ask our guests to make comments and are always happy to read them. We hope to see you the next time you are in town.
Rhododendron, Oregon, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Standard expectations of an inexpensive hotel with lots of extras. Super Clean, Cookies and Milk at 7pm plus a great full breakfast! The only thing I would have liked different was stronger coffee and real fruit (not fruit cups). We will for sure stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Krasmor.....Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a wonderful staff that takes great pride in their work and the hotel. Glad you liked the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and milk. "Yummy" We will see about possibly replacing the fruit cups with fresh fruit. On your next stay, ask the breakfast attendant if she could make you a stronger cup of coffee and I bet she will. We ask all of our guests to make comments on Trip Advisor and we are always happy to read the responses. We hope to see you the next time you are in town.
NW Washington state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Just stayed here this past weekend. Last minute trip due to family emergency. Usually stay at our fav LaQuinta but it was booked due to the Special Olympics. Casey there referred me to the Cedars as he knew there were a few rooms still available. Called and booked. Spent 2 nights. Great check-in process and they held a room for another family member without a credit card. The room had been held on mine, but when I checked in before he did, they transferred the room to his name. Room was lovely with beautiful shiny granite floors in the entry and bathroom. Cleasn carpet too! Breakfast was wonderful - delicious waffles, scrambled eggs, real pork sausage patties, fruit cups, yogurt, cold cereals, biscuits and gravy, cold milk from a commercial dispenser, numerous juices, fruit rolls, coffee with 3 different flavorings offered...YUMMY! I had a cup of coffee with hazelnut flavoring in it and I don't drink coffee. Breakfast room in the lobby was busy but we found a table both mornings. There was a huge meeting room opened with long tables and chairs due to the full load of guests. Staff was wonderful and very friendly, both at check in and check out and taking care of the breakfast room. I didn't even know this place existed but it is a new favorite. . Bed was comfy but wish Ihad opted for a king..queen is too small. Just wish the rate had been a bit lower

Room Tip: I think anywould be fine. They have an elevator and on the ground floor, unit had a sliding door wit...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
gina_muller, General Manager at Cedars Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your very first stay at the Cedars Inn. The breakfast is fabulous and the flavors are definitely Yummy. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to East Wenatchee.

Been to Cedars Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!