“so-so” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dupont
DuPont, Washington, United States
“so-so”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Dupont Guesthouse numerous times in the past. We frequently check in when our children come with their families. It gives all of us some privacy and access to a swimming pool and hot tub. This New Years, neither the pool nor the hot tub were heated. We were very, very disappointed!

The pillows were blocks of foam rubber and the beds were a little soft. We requested softer pillows and that helped relieve the stress on our necks and backs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

the good news... I only stayed 1 night

the bad... the place is old, smells bad. Room is spacious, bathroom not so much so. The linens on the bed and the towels are about as cheap/thin as you can get. The free breakfast was adequate.

The internet went in and out the whole visit. Tough to get any work done.

The finishing touch was upon checkout they had added a fee ($1.50 + tax) for having a safe in the room. When I complained I hadn't used the safe they took it off.... I wonder how many people never notice

Won't be staying here again... not worth being close to work

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Dupont hotels

El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The so-called indoor "heated" swimming pool advertised in various websites pertaining to this location is a down right false! The swimming pool, overall, hasn't been available to any of the guest for most of 2012. Access to the enter the swimming pool area, even to just swim in the cold water, was not possible at all. We asked the front desk clerks repeatedly why this was the case and all we received was the typical song-and-dance misinformation by Guest House Inn & Suites in DuPont.

I find it apprehensive and truly unprofessional management didn't have the decency to be honest and straight forward with its guests on this issue. If you're not going to invest in repairing the heating system of your swimming pool, be honest and tell this to your guests. Do not advertise you have an indoor heated swimming pool that is accessible to people when it's not. I know for a fact the swimming pool problem as been an ongoing issue since April 2012. The reason I know this is because my wife's church held a Women's Retreat back in April at this location. All the women were highly disappointed about the swimming pool not being available because of the heating system. They heard the exact same thing my family and I heard in november (Thanksgiving time) about the swimming pool's heating system. I am very disappointed with Guest House Inn & Suites on this issue. My family who came all the way from Texas for the long Thanksgiving break experienced NOTHING from the hotel's indoor "heated" swimming pool. If your guests are going to fulfill their part in paying their lodging bill when its due, shouldn't Guest House Inn & Suites fulfill its part in providing their guests what is being advertised?

I addressed my complaint and concerns to Chassidy Naputo, the front office supervisor at the Guest House Inn & Suites in DuPont when we checked out, and I've heard nothing back at all. Perhaps maybe I might hear something from the Regional General Manager since I contacted the corporate headquartes after three weeks of being ignored by the management of the Guest House Inn & Suites in DuPont.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Stockbridge, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently, and first thing I noticed was that the staff was hard to find. Noone was at the front desk for what seemed to be an extended period of time. The rooms are acceptable (old) but they were clean with no foul odors noted. The location of the hotel was good. Gas station seemed very close and convenient, local good restauraunts, and very convenient to interstate. The breakfast was ok, and the gym was acceptable. They do charge a $1.50 daily rate for a room safe, whether you use it or not!!!

I was not traveling with my pet, but as a plus, they do accept pets.

Room Tip: Would choose if you need to stay for a night and are traveling with your pet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
El Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Close to JBLM, near lots of restaurants and shopping ...The hotel however smelled very much like BO and was unpleasant to walk into. Was looking forward to swimming in the pool however it wasn't heated or the heater was broken and there was no notice of that. Will not be staying here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dupont, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The biggest reason my husband, daughter and I decided to stay here for a somewhat extended stay was because of the low pet fee of $25. I was told, specifically, $25 when I called to make the reservation and specifically $25 when I checked in. When we got into our room it was very sub par. Holes in the couch, no mattress skirt on the box springs, pen marks on the comforter, rotting food in a tupperware container in the fridge and a bag of fries in the freezer. But we decided to stick it out mostly because of the pet fee. Upon check out, however, we realized that the fee is in fact $25 PER DAY. Which adds up quick and is a HUGE difference when you are staying somewhere for an extended stay. All the front desk girl said was "Oh, they didn't tell you that?" Which, obviously, is not helpful or satisfactory. Now that we are living in Dupont, I will not recommend any friends or family ever stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I hadn't been in the area in years. The hotel is in a nice location with woods behind it. It's located behind a quaint newly developed town center that has Subway, local pizza, McDonalds and some local business offices. There is a gas station within walking distance with a shoppette in it and a Jack-In-the-Box. It's a nice, quaint, location that I felt safe enough walking at night and going for a run at O-dark thirty in the morning. There are paths to run/walk. The hotel itself reminds me of a Country Inn on the outside. The inside is okay. Check-in went smooth. I was on the second floor, king-sized bed, $90 (plus tax). They also charge $1.50 a day for the room-safe, but you can request it be taken off your bill.

The staff was very friendly. The hallway had a musty smell, but the room itself smelled clean, looked clean and the bed was comfortable. They had a small dorm fridg and small microwave oven in the room along with a sink,so it was kind of a kitchenette. The tv was about a 40 inch flat screen with all kinds of cable channels. The internet was free (well, nothing is actually free anywhere, but it came with the room at no extra charge). The internet was fast also. The bathroom area was clean with clean white towels. The breakfast was from 0600-1000 each day and it was okay. They had juice, coffee, milk. Peeled hard boiled eggs, sausage disks and yogurt in the small refrigerator, a microwave to heat the sausages and eggs, and a waffle maker. Off to the side was cereal; fruit loops and Cheerios.

The pros to the hotel: nice location away from main traffic, free internet and breakfast, comfortable room, friendly staff, not a bad price.

The cons: musty smell in the hallway, heating still not fixed for the pool, small area for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GlenH709, Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Dupont, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We encourage feedback from all of our guests in order to improve our service as satisfaction rating. Thank you very much for choosing us and we look forward to servicing you in the future.

Guesthouse DuPont
Team Member

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Dupont? Share your experiences!