“I will stay in Des Moines again just to eat here!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“I will stay in Des Moines again just to eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I drove cross country to Seattle and stayed in Des Moines for 3 days. I stayed at the Sea-Tac Valu Inn simply because there was a Thai restaurant next door. What a fabulous surprise! I went there 5 times and tried something different each time, Each dish was authentic and perfectly seasoned and prepared. Quaint atmosphere and reasonable prices. The service is phenomenal and the owners were very pleasant and attentive. I have eaten in dozens of Thai restaurants back east and this certainly ranks in the top 3! The next time I am in Seattle I plan to stay in Des Moines because it is a nice, quiet hamlet near the Puget Sound but mainly because Emerald Thai was THAT enjoyable!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Victoria, British Columbia
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Dishes were flavourful and large. Big plus -- Emerald Thai delived to our hotel in an extremely heavy downpour.

Visited November 2011
Seattle, Washington
“DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I'm a student at HCC and I enjoy eating at Emerald Restauran, because the food is very delicious and exstra fresh. The owners and workers create a nice atmosphere, best services...
My favorite food is Coconat sup and # 71 Sea food combination.
I have been eating in Emerald Restaurant for couple years and never get tired of the food.
I strongly recoment to everyone to go there to enjoy deliciouse food !!! ND

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha, NE
“They work hard to make sure you are happy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Don't let the exterior of the building fool you. They have great food. The owner and his wife run it themselves and came to our table to talk with us. Very generous portions and reasonable prices, especially considering the portions. You will have leftovers. Beers were only $3.00. You don't see that much in a restaurant anymore.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Food - Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I am pretty picky about my Thai and having just moved to the South end from Bellevue I have had a real struggle finding restaurants that measure up to the quality that I found on the Eastside. (No snobbery intended.) I have eaten at Emerald Thai several times now, and the owner even delivered to my house a couple times, though I don't think that is something they offer as a standard service. The food has been delicious every time and the service top notch.

• Visited February 2011