“Family Birthday Party was Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Anthony's Homeport is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave South
Description: Locally owned waterfront restaurant dedicated to giving our guests a truly Northwest dining experience, Anthony’s has earned the reputation for the finest fresh seafood, perfectly prepared and expertly served with an uncompromising commitment to quality and value. We feature fresh seasonal and sustainable fish, and shellfish from our own seafood company accompanied by Northwest wines and micro brews as well our "Best of the Season" produce featured in our housemade desserts, salads, entrees, and beverages. Anthony’s Des Moines features a lovely panoramic view of Puget Sound, and the Olympic Mountains. Open daily for lunch with a casual style no reservation necessary restaurant on the first floor featuring seafood, pastas, salads, burgers, and fish tacos.
Palo Alto, California
“Family Birthday Party was Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My father just turned 80 and to help celebrate we took him to Anthony's, his favorite local restaurant. I worked with the staff in advance to reserve a table for 10 on the ground floor (the stairs to the upper floor can be tricky for guests with mobility issues). I ordered appetizers in advance for the table and they were happy to let me arrive early to do a little table decoration and drop off a cake to hold in the kitchen until we were ready for dessert. There is a different menu upstairs (more formal) from downstairs, but as long as all the party is willing to order from the same menu, you can order from the upstairs' menu when seated downstairs. Our waiter was terrific and worked hard to make everyone happy regardless of special orders/substitutions. The food was delicious. It isn't fancy, but the portions are good sized and everything was well-prepared. It is mostly seafood, but there are a few meat options for those who don't enjoy fish/shell fish, and my daughter who likes NONE of the above was able to order plain Fettucine Alfredo and was quite happy. It was a Saturday evening at 7:00 and we felt no rush to finish up - we were able to linger and talk over cake and coffee. It was the perfect evening.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

ahwatukee, arizona
“friendly service - very good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was taken here by a local for lunch. Awesome dungeness crab toast plate. Sampled the seafood mac and cheese. Both items were very good. The quality of the seafood and other ingredients was obvious to my taste buds. The service was super friendly, we sat in a booth with a view of the small boat harbor, thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. Sadly I was back at Seatac and on my way to points beyond too quickly. I will definitely eat here again on my next Seattle area visit, and I recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Seattle,WA.
“Best dungeness crab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Dungeness crab is great at Anthony home port. The service is the best around.
Use to go there to enjoy all you can eat Dungeness crab every sunday night .
I wish that would come back again.

Sequim, Washington
“They treated us well!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We recently booked a birthday party for a lovely 98-year-old member of our extended family - and twice as many people showed up! The staff effortlessly moved things around and got us all together and handled the crowd most professionally. We brought our own cake - No sweat! And lots of gifts and a few kids and babies - No problem! We could not have had a better event if we had tried! Oh, and the food was fine and served as well as we could have expected for the large group. THe bills were handled quickly and accurately. Actually the food was better than just fine. I have been going to the various Anthony's restaurants for 15 + years and I have always enjoyed a good meal, and we often take out-of-town visitors - and they are always impressed!

Kent, Washington
“Good - solid - but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We ere there for Sunday lunch (not brunch). The view is great and the decor was pretty nice, but it was COLD in the restaurant as it was similarly cold outside. There were a number of large-ish groups which hurt the service level a little, but other than that service was fine - although the entrees arrived before we finished the chowder. The clam chowder, a little thin, could have used more clams and those few that were there were minced. I had the crab/artichoke mix on toast and my wife had a fish taco. Both were very good - not great. Would I go back? Definitely! At least one more shot - and for dinner. I had the feeling that we somehow "missed it" here and that this is a better restaurant than that which our experience indicated.