“Layover Great Find” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Anthony's Homeport is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Des Moines
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave South
Description: Locally owned waterfront restaurant dedicated to giving our guests a truly Northwest dining experience, Anthony’s has earned the reputation for the finest fresh seafood, perfectly prepared and expertly served with an uncompromising commitment to quality and value. We feature fresh seasonal and sustainable fish, and shellfish from our own seafood company accompanied by Northwest wines and micro brews as well our "Best of the Season" produce featured in our housemade desserts, salads, entrees, and beverages. Anthony’s Des Moines features a lovely panoramic view of Puget Sound, and the Olympic Mountains. Open daily for lunch with a casual style no reservation necessary restaurant on the first floor featuring seafood, pastas, salads, burgers, and fish tacos.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Layover Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

had 5 hr layover returning from our Alaskan cruise. $17 taxi and ate at the more casual oyster bar and grill. Happy hour for oyster shooters then amazing rockfish tacos and clam chowder. The rhubarb was in season so shared bites of great cobler. Yum!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A good ending to a long day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

After flying in from L.A. on business, I was looking for a good place for dinner near SEATAC. Anthony's Homeport fit the bill perfectly. Sat outside on the upper deck enjoying a spectacular sunset over Puget Sound (Note: it got cold once the sun went down), enjoying a fabulous Martini and a plate of oysters. The halibut (recommended by my server) was perfectly cooked and was well presented. If I came back to this area, this restaurant would be one I would come back to again.

Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been eating at this location since 1986. Whenever I am in Seattle, I make it a point to eat there. Yes the decor could use some upgrading, but I go there for the good food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Spectacular View and Fresh Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I have frequented about 6 different Anthony Homeport's and they are one of my favorite seafood Restaraunts. This was my second time at this location. While the view was great everything else was just good. It is my least favorite of all their locations. Everything is just not quite as good as the others. I would still recommend it, but it just falls a little short of their sister restaurants.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Could be great, but needs better attention to detail”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I attended their Sunday brunch, which, unlike many, is not a buffet. That's not to say that you'll leave hungry, though. The menu is varied enough to please almost anyone, and the portions were generous, but not too large.

Both food and service had elements of greatness that were held back by simple things they couldn't get right.

Food: The Blueberry muffin cake and fruit plate they serve before the breakfast arrives were outstanding. We could have made a small meal of just those. However, they didn't cook my pork sausage nearly enough to hit safe temps or color, and the home fried potatoes were overcooked and hard.

Service: Our waitress was obviously experienced, knew the menu, and was both attentive and very pleasant. But not once did anyone come around with a water pitcher to fill our empty glasses.

I would like to say that this is an anomaly here, but I'm afraid it isn't. If you hit them on a night when they're paying attention to the little things, this is a great place. But I haven't hit one of those in too long. I'll stick to Duke's, where consistency is the norm.

• Visited March 2013