“Nice little surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Des Moines
Des Moines, Washington
“Nice little surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stopped in for my first time and was very pleasantly surprised with this place. The environment is very cozy and allows for a relatively intimate meal. The furnishings are dark and I just love that half the time I go in, Elvis is crooning. :) The food is good and plentiful. If you order the spicy chicken Teriyaki, brace yourself. Both of the co-workers that I've brought lunch for that requested the spicy version, were surprised by the heat. Both did finish their lunch, but it was noticeably hotter than anywhere that any of us have eaten. The Teriyaki sauce itself is very good though and service is fast for when your grabbing lunch to go. The food is good enough and prices reasonable enough that it is a regular stop now!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Love the tempura!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

It's a good lunch spot. I'm a vegetarian and the tempura is very good. My husband likes the spicy chicken teriyaki. The staff is very friendly and prompt. I've never had an issue and I've been going there for about 4 years now.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Washington
“Not bad, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Clean, and neat with a menu that offers additional options to the expected teriyaki dishes. Flat screen TV in the small, but adequate dining area. We had a pleasant dining experience, but nothing about the food, service or ambience was exceptional. Order at the counter, as that is where the menus are located and the staff hovers. The food was served promptly and nobody complained about their meal, but nobody raved about their selection either. Prices are moderate, and the food a fair value. I would not go out of my way to eat here, but if you live in the area, not a bad choice for some yakisoba, teriyaki or katsu. They seem to do a pretty good take-out business. Closed on Sundays.

• Visited April 2014