“Wonderfully well-thought-out - Gardner's paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Place At Cayou Cove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Deer Harbor
The Place At Cayou Cove
Save Saved
You added The Place At Cayou Cove to your Saves list
PO Box 310, 161 Olympic Lodge Lane, Deer Harbor, Orcas Island, WA 98243   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Deer Harbor B&B and Inns
Seattle, WA
“Wonderfully well-thought-out - Gardner's paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the Gardener's Cottage. This is my all time favorite vacation rental. If you appreciate a beautiful yard and garden you must stay at this place. The gardener has a fantastic eye for texture and color. The cottage is amazing, cozy and has everything you could think to need. It is decorated in a enchanting way. I spent quite a bit of time just noticing the details. We stayed for two nights mid week for some R&R. There is access to the beach. We had a great time at low tide looking at all the life. The cottages all have small kitchens. I will return with the plan on cooking next time. You have full access to the fantastic herb, fruit and vegetable gardens. We ate out on this visit. It is at least 15 minutes to the nearest restaurant ( small grocery on the pier close by) but driving about the island is part of the charm. The owners are available and friendly but the cottages are situated so that you still have your privacy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
East Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed in the Gardeners cottage. This is a beautiful cottage. Everything is there you need to relax and enjoy your stay. The grounds are beautiful and perfectly maintained. The home the hosts live in is a 100 year old lovely place with chairs to sit in on the their front porch. The grounds are full of beautiful flowers with the scent of them overwhelming. The garden they grow is awesome full of every kind of vegetables and fruits. We enjoyed the hot tub outside of our door and the robes and slippers to go back and forth. This is truly a marvelous place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fallbrook, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just returned from 3 magical days at The Place at Cayou Cove. Stayed in the Gardeners Cottage - very private, comfortable and 2 chairs with views of the bay. Had a tour of the wonderful herb/vegetable garden on the property - it was the neatest garden I'd ever seen! We picked fresh herbs and asparagus and enjoyed with a meal cooked in the cottage. Owners were very responsive - service was outstanding. Definitely recommend.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Enumclaw, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

From the moment we were escorted to The Cottage, the magic enveloped us. And the magic continued throughout our stay. We chose the Place at Cayou Cove to begin our married life together and we were blessed by the serenity of the location. We felt as if we were the only ones on the cove. The owners/hosts were very accommodating to our requests and made our time there supremely memorable. The Cottage was beautifully decorated with antiques, fine linens and everything to make us comfortable. What a blissful place! So much so that we've already made reservation to celebrate our 1st anniversary there next year.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you enjoy cottage elegance in a tranquil setting, the Place at Cayou Cove is for you. The Cove Cottage is the perfect place to rest and relax with a glass of wine and enjoy the company of your wife either beside of the crackling fireplace or in the hot tub overlooking the quiet cove and harbor. We look forward returning when we have the opportunity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

What a fabulous place! My husband and I wanted to get away with our puppy for the weekend to celebrate my birthday and we couldn't have stayed in a more beautiful, quiet, clean, pet-friendly location. Everything was perfect - the owners' attention to detail is remarkable (and I'm a type A personality, so that is saying something :)). We'll definitely be going back. I highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to 'disconnect' from their busy lives and get away for a few days of quiet and solitude...it rejeuvenates the soul. My only regret is that we didn't get to thank the owners in person.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

There are places I have visited that remain with me for years. This one will stay with me for a lifetime - it was far more beautiful than can be described in words but it reminded me of books I read as a child. The meadow was like the “hundred acre wood” as described by A.A. Milne in Winnie the Pooh with its wooden gate, soft lush grass, and the rolling mounds of wild flowers which survived into the fall. There was a footpath recently mowed which led to the gate on the other side. There is a garden planted in a manner that would lead persons unknowing to believe it had all just been staged in anticipation of his/her visit. The orange of the pumpkins was vibrant, the dew on the cabbage was picturesque, the flowers so heavy that it seemed as if their necks would bend to the ground.

We stayed in the Cove Cottage. It’s as if Ralph Lauren personally decorated this cottage, yet better. There was gingham, and linen, and everything imaginable that would make a country cottage ideal for a photo shoot. The bed linens were Sferra and if you don’t know what that it is, please make a note - it's like sleeping on a cloud. The beautiful yellow couch was amazingly comfortable. The kitchen had everything needed to prepare a meal for several, including a dishwasher and a refrigerator, even a garbage disposal. The porch looks directly out on the water which is no more than 10-15 feet away. There was a hawk’s nest in the tree on the porch which made it very exciting to see him/her come and go. There were also otters and a seal who occasionally passed through on their way to here or there.

The main house is amazing and has been restored to its original beauty. The owners reside there so it is not on display. The yard behind the house rolls slowly down to a harbor with small boats moored to an antiquated dock. Very little action in the harbor but for a few lights in the wee morning hours and later a few boats trolling in and out during the afternoon. It was so peaceful and so quiet that the boats appeared to sleep as the water gently rocked them. It honestly felt as if I was standing in a painting of things someone had dreamed could be true.

There are two other cottages but they were not accessible. The cottages are separated by vines and gardens. It is impossible to impose upon their privacy.

There is also Moran State Park that is an absolute MUST. There are several trails, some that are very easy and enjoyable, others require skills. There is the lookout at Mt. Constitution which is at such a high altitude that, when foggy, feels as if you’re in heaven looking down on the world. It was so peaceful and uplifting. I’ve never seen pictures of anything this beautiful.

I write this review in January of 2013 even though our visit was in October of 2012. I write it now because upon our return it was discovered that cancer was to visit our family. Time as I knew it has forever changed. It is now that I realize just how important it is to take time to truly experience places like this - to break out of the pattern of redundancy and do something different. Our memories of Cayou Cover are helping us get through the troubled times that lay before us - I truly mean this with every fiber of my being and if I can compel just one person to break out of the mold by writing this review then I feel it has made a valuable difference. Do it now. I’m forever grateful that we did. The Place at Cayou Cove will bring you happiness long after you leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Place At Cayou Cove? Share your experiences!