Whenever I called the resort, there was always someone nice that answered the phone, who was very helpful and courteous.
However, when we got to the resort, there was a very rude lady who assisted us and was very condescending to us and treated us like dirt.
On a nicer note, upon our leaving, the maintenance guy came around to drop off the cleaning supplies for the cleaning ladies. He greeted us "good morning" and asked how we enjoyed our stay and seemed very genuine.
- Easy to get to from ferry
- Great view of the water, marina, harbor
- Beautiful area
- Continental breakfast was enough to start the day: hard boiled eggs, hot/cold cereal, cinnamon rolls, pastries, coffee, tea, juice, bagels
- layout of unit was awesome. Each room had it's own entrance to the unit and a deck.
- jacuzzi on deck
- The interior carpet needs to be replaced. It's worn out and torn out in some sections.
- There was a hole in bathroom door from the inside - should be fixed
- the shower: the water, when turned on, defaults to hot water. This is a safety hazard! the standard is for it to default to cold. When I turned the shower on, I turned the handle all the way to the end, thinking it would turn hot. After waiting 5 minutes for the water to turn hot, it stayed freezing cold. then I realized, I had to turn back the knob to get warm water.
- Air conditioning did not work well
- jacuzzi looked murky
- no wi-fi, no mobile phone connection
Far from shops and restaurants in Eastsound
We have a 3 year old toddler and there wasn't really much for us to do here. Hubby mostly took her down to the beach or to the pool. (But it was too cold to go swimming). Other than that, there wasn't much that interested her.
A fun place to visit is Once in a Blue Moon Farm. They also sell delicious eggs!
We love Orcas Island. Because this area seems so remote (no wi-fi, no mobile phone service), we plan to stay in Eastsound. It's more central to food, shops, restaurants, activities to do.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Resort at Deer Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Deer Harbor Hotel Deer Harbor
- Resort Deer Harbor
- Hotel Deer Harbor
- Resort At Deer Harbor Orcas Island