“Scary place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wolfgang's Riverview Inn

Wolfgang's Riverview Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Curlew
Wolfgang's Riverview Inn
You added Wolfgang's Riverview Inn to your Saves list
2 Valhalla Lane, 2 miles north of Curlew on Hwy 21, Curlew, WA 99118   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Curlew B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Scary place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I talked to the owner on the phone and reserved a room. The place looked and sounded okay, I even checked in out on Google Earth and it looked like a nice spot.

We arrived around 7pm and drove through the junkyard surrounding this "Inn". I didn't even bother stopping to ask my wife is she thought we should gamble and give it a try because I knew her answer.

We left and found a great campsite on the Okanogan National Forest instead.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WolfgangsRiverview, Owner at Wolfgang's Riverview Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
There were no rooms available in May of 2014 because all rooms were occupied by monthly renters in that month. Therefore the reviewer could not have had a reservation as there no rooms available in May for new guests. There is no junkyard here, but there were 2 older dented pickup trucks in the parking lot that belonged to one of the monthly renters who resided here at that time.

Couples
Solo
Business
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

A problem exists when city folk head to a small down of a few thousand with expectations of service ... Wolfgang’s Inn never answered my call professionally from the first time I called for a reservation. They were not booked up and it was a normal May weekend with low travel. Since I had them on the phone I made a reservation anyway. It is no wonder we had trouble reaching them while on a motorcycle ride when our plans changed in hopes of dryer roads elsewhere. I called the day prior and reached voice mail. No surprise right ... Left a message of our situation and cancelled our reservation. I never heard from them until they popped up on my VISA statement. I called to question the full room rate charge I expected if we had stayed. Well that was a waste of effort. In one call they asked ME to call back ... These people live unto themselves: Lack of community = lack of care for a community it seems. Sometimes the best impact is to hit these people where they feel it. I ride a lot: In groups which I organize and participate in organizing for others as well. Had we had a good relationship with these Inn keepers I recon we would have over 50 room stays in 2013 ... Instead we built solid relationships with some great folk elsewhere: And that will carry into 2014. I only consider small town accommodations if I see recent positive reviews and quality pictures.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
We never received a cancellation request from this person, and he was billed as a "No Show". Customers who guarantee their room with a credit card must realize this is a mutual commitment. The innkeeper guarantees he will refuse to rent the room to any other person so the room will be available to the customer, and the customer guarantees payment for the room in the event he never arrives. This policy in an industry wide standard for all motels and hotels throughout the world.

Been to Wolfgang's Riverview Inn? Share your experiences!