I have not stayed here before, so I don't have first-hand experience with what it was like before their extensive remodel in 2010, but this is now our new favorite place to stay on the Washington coast. The cabins are modern, well-appointed, with fantastic ocean views. Cabins are perched on a cliff, but beach access is provided through a private, gated trail near the office and road. The office doubles as a fully-equipped store with groceries and dry goods. Resort is dog friendly and the cabins even have special dog towels and mats for washing off the beach sand. Cell service was OK (I have Verizon) and the resort has Wi-Fi so you can stay connected if you want to, but this is a great place to disconnect.
About the only negatives I can think of are there were no closets in our cabin (cabin 7) and the lighting was VERY dim.
The views were well worth the lack of lighting and closets, though. Plus we came from 105 degree heat and smoke of wildfires to temperatures here in the 50's and 60's with crips salty sea air.
We will be back - this is our new destination for a coastal getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iron Springs is perched along a pristine stretch of the Washington Coast. The cabins of this year-round, Copalis Beach getaway have been long coveted for their close proximity to the ocean, unmatched views of the Pacific, and family-friendly atmosphere. The cabins contain fully equipped kitchens, free WiFi, phones, IPod player and flat screen T.V.s with cable. Each cabin has a living room with either a wood burning stove or fireplace, all wood is provided free of charge. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Iron Springs Hotel Copalis Beach
- Iron Springs Copalis Beach
- Iron Springs Resort Washington/Copalis Beach