“Great staff and comfy bed” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Colfax
Bellingham, Washington
“Great staff and comfy bed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed at the Wheatland Inn in Colfax, Washington while on a Palouse photo tour. I rate lodging on how courteous the staff is, cleanliness, quiet, and comfort level of bed. 5 stars for all. There were also many nice touches such as freshly made chocolate chip cookies and iced tea in the evenings, free wifi in my room and nice fluffy towels. The free breakfast served was my kind of breakfast: juice, granola, yogurt, simple but tasty. But, the staff was the best: friendly, courteous and willing to help with any reasonable request. And, my bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on next to my own back home. Well recommended.

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Surprise, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

Booked two months ahead for adjoining rooms. This was to be the first experience for us, our son and wife, and our 2 and 4 year-old grandchildren. Although pricey for a small town ($100/night each room with AARP discount), we booked for 2 nights. Extremely nice from the lobby entrance to the pool to the workout room. We oldsters loved the beds (two queens) and fluffy pillows. Bathroom was shiny clean with granite countertops. Room was large with desk and two easy chairs. Very soundproof. Alas, our fellow travelers in the adjoining room didn't sleep as well because the pillows were too fluffy and their kids were kicking them all over the bed!

The grandkids' first experience in the pool was outstanding. We had it all to ourselves and it was two days to remember. What fun! Poppa and Mimi also enjoyed a time in the hot tub.

Included breakfast was not the stale bun and juice trick. Gourmet coffee, juice, rolls, cereals, yes, but also make your own waffles, french toast, bagels, hot country gravy and bisquits and all kinds of fruit. Oh, yes, chocolate chip cookies in the evening.

Although son brought their computer and used the internet connection in their room, I got up early and used the free computer in the lobby and then read the complimentary newspaper.

Very nice Inn in a very nice community. Well worth every penny. Go Cougs!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

First I must say that I have stayed at this hotel many times for business and the staff have always been helpful and somewhat friendly. I have never liked that the owners of this hotel place a sheet of paper containing prayer statements on the end tables near the bed! I do not believe that public places such as hotels have the right to impose their religious beliefs on their guests! A bible in a drawer would suffice!

Anyway, currently I am staying here and have just noticed a large amount (over 40) tiny bugs on the floor in my bathroom. I scooped up a couple of the bugs with a piece of paper and brought them to the front desk. The man at the front desk informed me that they are called 'confused flour beetles' or 'red flour beetles' and that the town of Colfax has been having problems with an infestation. He said that the hotel has been sprayed and that he would have housekeeping thoroughly clean my room again (as I am supposed to be staying here for 4 nights!) He also offered me a different room and when I went to look at it there were beetles all over the bathroom as well (you can't see them in the carpet...)

I swept up numerous beetles with a bathroom wash cloth and found them to be alive! See photos!

I am very displeased with the situation and probably won't be back to this hotel. I think that maybe they should be more up front with people about the problem instead of hoping that the they won't notice!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

We've stayed at Wheatland Inn several times, and have never been disappointed. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is helpful. There are several breakfast choices, juices and great coffee. Nice pool, jacuzzi and workout room. I can't think of anything negative about this hotel. The Colfax area is beautiful, changing with every season.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Hockley, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

What a nice little hotel! Great-sized rooms, large shower, jacuzzi in-room, dinette, comfortable chairs and a good bed. The staff are excellent and friendly. The hotel just has a "good feel" about it. Homey. Chili awaits late afternoon. A breakfast bar includes cereal, biscuit and gravy, yogourt, fresh waffles, and more. Fresh coffee with flavored creamers. Nice, clean pool and hot tub. A very special welcome note is left for the guests by the owners stating that while they might not meet everyone personally, they truly wish your stay to be a good way, as we are all travelers here on earth between eternities. No wonder this hotel was full booked mid-week.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Yakima, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

We first stayed at Wheatland Inn in the Spring of 2008, We enjoyed it so much that we decided to go to Colfax again in the Fall and stay at this comfortable hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We met the Manager and his wife, and they were very nice. We also saw their little boy playing in the lobby. What a nice family!

We will definitely stay at Wheatland next time we visit family in the area.

• Liked — Cleanliness and comfort.
  • Disliked — An elevator would be nice.
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Coos Bay, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

My mother and I stayed at this hotel for her big "60's" Reunion in July. We booked the reservation 9 months prior to our arrival and confirmed several times to ensure that the reservation was still made. Never once was I told you could not check into this hotel without a credit card.

Upon arrival we were basically told no credit card ... too bad. Even though we offered to give them a $500.00 deposit on this room. Finally we got a friend to fax over authorization to hold the room to her card so we could pay cash and actually stay in the hotel.

The staff was extremely rude and uncaring and as someone who works in the hospitality industry I was mortified by their lack of compassion. I will never stay at this property again, nor will I ever recommend this property to anyone. And I have family in this area!

• Liked — We were able to stay near the group my mother was with.
  • Disliked — The rude staff!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Wheatland Inn? Share your experiences!