“Excellent hotel close to city with good nearby facilities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arkaba Hotel

You added Arkaba Hotel to your Saves list
Arkaba Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Glen Osmond Rd | Adelaide, Fullarton, Unley, South Australia 5063, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
$20 Discount SPA Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fullarton
Mount Gambier, Australia
“Excellent hotel close to city with good nearby facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Arkaba is located about fifteen to twenty minutes away from the Adelaide CBD and has excellent parking (mainly located in the adjoining shopping centre which is untimed after about 6pm), so is good if you're wanting to stay close to the city in a comfortable hotel in a location that is within a reasonable distance to the city.

Also convenient is the Arkaba Village Shopping Centre located behind the hotel, with a decently sized Woolworths supermarket, Westpac ATM, post office, newsagency and cafe that does delightful coffee. Across the road is a Foodland supermarket along Commonwealth and Bendigo Bank ATM.

The restaurant located on the ground floor provides a superb meal with excellent service - meals are reasonably priced, as are the drinks, although the restaurant is a little dark. the breakfasts, however, is pricy in comparison - you may be better off visiting one of the supermarkets nearby and getting some fresh fruit and yoghurt or something and eating it in your room.

We have stayed here several times before and the rooms are beautiful. Previously we had stayed in a Executive Deluxe Room, which had two comfortable beds and an excellent bathroom. The touchscreen controller was nifty and a nice addition - it controlled all the lighting, TV and speakers throughout the room - you could even pipe in audio from the TV to the bathroom. This room was located on the "newer" side of the hotel on the sixth floor and had a beautiful view of the city.

This time, we stayed in an Executive Spa room, which was spacious and comfortable along with excellent decor, although one of the lampshades was broken and a light globe that didn't work. The lounge area also could have used some more lighting. The bed was comfortable and more than enough blankets and pillows were provided, along with a decent supply of towels. A beautiful view of the Adelaide Hills was provided and upon first entry of the room, the windows were open, which was a nice touch. This room was also quiet and no traffic noise could be heard during the night allowing for a peaceful night's sleep. However, the fridge is very small and not very powerful - however this tends to be common across more hotels. Also odd was the lack of a "do not disturb" sign or button and doorbell - the rooms on the other side of the corridor had such a function, as did the previous room we had stayed in, but this one did not which struck us as most odd.

That being said. this hotel comes highly recommended and should be high on the list for your next stay in Adelaide.

Room Tip: If parking in the shopping centre, parking on the top deck allows for easier access to the hotel com...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here just recently for 2 nights. After driving from Melbourne we were very much looking forward to the spa room we had booked. We were most certainly not let down! The room itself was spacious and very clean. The spa was perfect size for the two of us and definitely helped unwind after the long drive! The bed, i think is the feature of the room! It has a cloud topper which made the bed the most comfortable sleep ever. Theres also a panel at the bed that controls all the lighting, tv etc which was a great extra to the room. The one thing to note is they don't have a mini bar but we weren't needing one!

We also found the staff to be really friendly and the food/service to be fantastic. The hotel was also in a good location for ourselves on the road that was bringing us into the city.

We would definitely stay again and recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sucre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The room was very spacious with a spa. Location excellent- close to city next to Arkaba Shopping Centre. This was very convenient. It was easy to get a taxi too. I just stepped out of the lift straight into excellent restaurant with vegetarian options. There are great bar facilities too. The staff in the restaurant and bar were extremely courteous and pleasant. Highly recommended by me. I thought the price was OK for the good value. As always there should be more vegetarian options but there were enough to eat something different there every day. Staff was extremely pleasant throughout. I have to disagree with the earlier negative reviews which I thought were not accurate. The proximity of the shopping centre was extremely handy. Got my hair cut and bought food at Woolies. It is extremely close for shopping and eating at the good restaurant inside the hotel. Best hotel I have experienced in Adelaide and fairly priced.

Room Tip: I stayed on a high level floor 5. Could see the sea amazingly.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
JRH2010, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We believe we have the best hotel in South Australia with quality accommodation and stunning bars and food options and friendly staff.
Regards Jenny Hurley
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hi All, I regularly travel to Adelaide on business every 6 weeks from Perth. I always drive past this venue and have been tracking the reviews and thought it important to add my perspective fter my stay there this week. My room was the luxury spa suite and let me say that in my many years of business travel, it was a 5 star fit out. Quality was all around and the central switch control on the bed side was a very smart touch, you can control the tv and lighting to your needs. Piped music in the marble appointed bathroom had me relaxing in the spa for ages. It is worthy to note that the room fridge is not loaded with the usual drink and chocolate offerings, but the vending machines are handy to access on level 2. Housekeeping had my room so clean on each days return, that I almost felt guilty to mess it up! There are numerous in-house locations to eat and drink each night and the food was well presented and priced. The staff are friendly and happy to assist. I only had the continental breakfasts and the coffee is very good (I will declare here that I work in the coffee supplies industry) and the Indian female staff member even remembered my preferred coffee style- I have to say that impressed me, as this venue can get very busy. Parking is all around and free. There was an over charge on my bill when checking out this morning, but this was immediately corrected- no big deal. I have stayed in many styles of accommodation over my years of travel within the food industry and I would have no reservation in stating my personal rating of this hotel as one of the best I stayed in to date. My wife was jealous when I emailed her the photos, that she will be accompanying me on my next stay here on my next visit.

Room Tip: ask for a room that offers the cloud mattress.....very comfy!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JRH2010, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We are very proud of our hotel and the Staff who work with us here. I am thrilled that our staff remembered your coffee preference - coffee has become as important as beer for us!
Hope you bring your wife back for an enjoyable stay.
Regards Jenny Hurley
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went to see a show and decided to have dinner before hand. Our group of 10 arrived around 6ish and placed our orders. After a extremely long time we got our entree's which were ok. Dinner itself took over 1&1/2 hours! We asked the waitress (when she bothered to come to our table) twice what was going on and got told that they were busy and it wouldn't be too long. The restaurant was not full by any means. A large group next to us got there mains while some were still eating their entree's yet we still were waiting. My husband got the Wagu burger which is not worth the cheap bread it came in. The meat was tough and presentation was a 0/10. The chicken schnitzel was burnt on the edges and if it was my meal, I would have sent it back. One of our party ordered a very well done steak and it was rare - it got sent back and money refunded. The salmon salad came without missing half the ingredients listed on the menu. This was remade, which took 2 minutes and we were told that the junior chef made it.

By the time we got all our meals and had eaten it was almost 10pm. The show started at 8pm, so we didn't even bother and just left.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brooke B, General Manager at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Good Morning,

Here at the Arkaba we pride ourselves on excellent quality and service and I am disappointed to read your review.

I would like the chance to discuss the feedback that you have offered.

Please contact me directly at the Hotel on 8338 1100
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards
Brooke Burns
Hotel Manager
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I admit this hotel is in a good location and if you like clubs, will suit you well. The breakfast was good, the restaurant was also good value and the fitout of the ground floor area was lovely. However, I felt the room was overpriced. The bed was like sleeping on the floor and after 2 nights I was so stiff and sore. I have stayed in more comfortable beds for half the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
JRH2010, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your review - I do apologise you found the bed hard - could you please email reception@arkabahotel.com.au what your room number was.
We have commenced renovating all our standard rooms and have purchased several new beds in the last few weeks - so hopefully the bed you found hard has been replaced.
Regards
Jenny Hurley
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Well organised establishment.
Great atmosphere and entertainment. Food is great.
Stayed in a deluxe room, no minibar but vending machine down the hallway. Music piped into my bathroom.. classy! :)
Parking is easy, undercover and unlike some places where you need a degree in tetris to get out of your car park.
I had a look through the suite which is on 2 levels.
each level has it's own TV and bathroom (I think the tvs would compete for noise though if you were watching something different.) However even though the top level is open to the bottom level, it seemed quite private and I think it would be worth the money.
Grocery store/shopping complex across the road. Bottlo at the back of the property and a park too if you like to go for a walk or take the kids for a run.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
JRH2010, Owner at Arkaba Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your review - if you are away for a few days we have some great deals on our website including a 3 night stay in a Loft suite - 25% discount and an $80 meal voucher

Been to Arkaba Hotel? Share your experiences!