“The WORSE accommodations I have ever experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chalet Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cle Elum
Chalet Motel
You added Chalet Motel to your Saves list
800 E 1st St, Cle Elum, WA 98922   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Yakima, Washington
“The WORSE accommodations I have ever experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

List of problems: No hot water, coffee maker was broken, you could hear ad feel every spring in the bed, no plugs and no heat in bathroom, no phone in room, furniture was broken and had missing wood pieces, chairs ripped up, blurred TV channels and no music, air condition missing knobs to turn on and adjust, manager walked in without knocking, frig froze food, no closet nor any place to hang clothes and no place to put suitcases, this place was a nightmare…Who ever rated this place excellent had to be the owner…Don’t be fooled, it really is a disgusting place to stay at…I would rather sleep in a tent. A hundred dollars a night during the weekend, you've got be kidding!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

If you want to make it to Seattle, but don't feel like you can, consider stopping at the Chalet Motel in Cle Elum, Washington. Not only is the service impeccable, but the rooms and amenities are everything you would find at a large chain hotel (at half the price). Located right off of the main strip, it is hard to miss with the distinctive 1950/60s-esque sign. You'll think you were back in the good ole' days at this quaint motel...highly recommend.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Freeland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Mike the new manager of the Chalet Motel is service oriented and very personable. I stay every month and have had great experiences. It is like staying with family now. The rooms are very clean, pet friendly, non smoking. The water is hot, air conditioning cold. A small refrigerator and microwave are in each room. Cable and internet are available. I will always stay in the Chalet because of my very positive stays. I take my friends with me to stay also and they have always been very pleased with the level of service. It is also centrally located in the area or recreation that I enjoy.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

- very clean
- out of date
- had a microwave and refrigerator
- shower was small
- could hear everything outside (not very sound proof)
- owner was very nice and friendly
- a/c worked
- had wireless internet which is a huge plus
- cable tv was good.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

We decided to stay at the chalet after being on the road all day. The manager was more than willing to make sure we were comfortable. The room was average in size and very clean even the comforters smelt like they were just washed. I would stay again if I am in the area. We slept well.

• Liked — Clean room with new beds
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
S.W.Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

Clearly not a place I would ever stay again, I would sleep in my car before I would stay there. It was a very horrible stay, I believe
my husband and I may have stayed 3 hours tops, and then got back on the road. What a waste of our time and our money. About all we got for our money was a shower, and clean but dingy towels. Don't believe the bedspreads had been washed for months, smelled so horrible we threw them on the floor. The bed was almost as bad, and then all we heard the short time we were there was, what I believed to be illegal activities. Finally we decided enough was enough and left the Chalet Motel, If thats the only motel that has a room for the night , go on to the next town, or you will regret your decision, I can promise you that.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tacoma WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

This was the only place available for the Courage Classic fundraising bike ride, held every August. The rooms and towels were clean, the beds were decent. There were more flies inside the room than outside. There was hardly any service, just check-in, but the manager let us store oone of our bicycles in a locked area.

As a last resort, and in a pinch, this place will do.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Chalet Motel? Share your experiences!