“Hunting Trip.. No BUGS!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Cle Elum

You added Econo Lodge Cle Elum to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Cle Elum
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   906 East First Street, Cle Elum, WA 98922 (Formerly Cascade Mountain Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Cle Elum
Puyallup, Washington
“Hunting Trip.. No BUGS!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was looking for a reasonably prices hotel room. Knowing I was going to Cle Elum I was not looking for 5 star hotel. This hotel was no 5 star but I would give it a strong 2 maybe a 3. The room was average and was very clean. The sheets were fresh and I saw no evidence of bugs, bed or otherwise.
My requests were all met, and the staff seemed friendly enough. We did not partake in any amenities other than the room itself so I cannot comment on breakfast or the pool. If i needed a room in Cle Elum again I would stay here no problem. Nothing spectacular and nothing uninviting. Price was a good value.

Room Tip: We stayed in 104 with 2 queens. Was clean and quiet just as I asked for.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Port Townsend, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at several hotels on our trip to Yellowstone. This was clearly the worst of the bunch. Trains came by 3 times during the night (and no they didn't warn us!) and they charged an additional $20 for our dog, which is the most we were charged by any hotel on our trip. This is the only hotel where I was worried our totally housebroken dog might want to mark. Fortunately he did lots of sniffing and nothing else. Whatever other hotels used to deodorize fooled him! Least comfortable bed & pillows too. Continental breakfast here was also the worst of the bunch. We passed and went to a restaurant. Definitely not a high price, but a high price for what you get. Buyer beware!

Room Tip: Definitely read reviews on multiple sites. Hubby read decent reviews on this hotel on another site.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

BED BUGS room 109!! I was in a bridal party and stayed here. Found blood spots on my sheets. Woke up in the middle of the night with bites and scurrying bed bugs. Management said it wasn't their fault. Really?! BED BUGS!!

• Stayed September 2013
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The price was right and the quality was beyond what I had expected. Very clean, comfortable, standard hotel room...like the Motel 6 ads say "all hotel rooms look alike when you're asleep"! Seriously, we had a great sleep even though a railway runs behind the hotel. No level crossing so no horns and whistles. The free breakfast is a little carb/starch-heavy and protein-light but it's ok if you are in a hurry. Good restaurant right across the street and others within a couple of minutes driving. It's no resort but it met our needs and we came away very, very satisfied. We'll stay there again and would recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenmore, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

It's an Econo Lodge... don't expect a 5 star Motel, but you can rest assured it is clean and in a nice area. With a Cafe across the road, it is convenient for a quick snack before bed. And if you enjoy the lure of a train going by, you'll get to hear it in the middle of the night..we thought it was kinda fun and cozy to hear! Cle Elum has grown up, and this is an average but nice place to stay. Enjoy your visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
richland wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well worth the cost. I enjoy talking with the front desk guy I believe he's the owner so I can tell he really cares about your stay. I also like the fact It's right across the street from the Cottage Cafe, which has plenty of truck and R.V. Parking, and good food plus a nice little lounge. The breakfast at this Econo Lodge has good selection, I like the waffles, I stay here whenever I'm passing through Cle Elum. Good value, no complaints

Room Tip: Stayed in the Chacuzi Suite,Lots of hot water and clean Cant beat it after long day and for less tha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Draper, UT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Well, I shouldn't have had high expectations, and frankly - I didn't. It was sort of clean, the room was large, and the train tracks are very close. The trains come by at 2 AM and yes, you can hear them. I also had the joy of having a spider crawl across my sheets when I pulled back the comforter - that was all I needed.

Anyway, the staff was very nice and other than the spider and train noise, it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Cle Elum? Share your experiences!